Awesome Jake E. Lee Solo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayday
    Jakes sound was way to compressed sounding but more on the ultimate sin tour than batm.. I much preferred the raw tone he had in badlands .

+1 I thought it still sounded slightly compressed in Badlands..but those recordings are IMO less studioized than Oz stuff.

Comment

I love Jake.. I think towards the end with Ozzy, he played as good as Randy live, and with a unique syle.. and Zakk played in a league below them

Comment

Originally posted by pebber
        I love Jake.. I think towards the end with Ozzy, he played as good as Randy live, and with a unique syle.. and Zakk played in a league below them
        I loved Randy, but out of all of ozzy's guitarists, jake was my favorite, of course who knows how Randy would have been with more modern equiptment and more time. But then again i think if Randy was still alive he would have gave up metal and became a classical guitarist like he was leaning towards already.

I also liked that strat playing guy, i always forget this name, i think it was john or joe or something, i saw him on one of the ozzfests and he had a great tone and chops.

Zack is my least fav out of all his guitarist, hell i even liked brad better then zack. But I loved Zack's tone on no rest and the no more tears.

I love both tones jake got on BATM and Ultimate, I loved that 80's processed to shit sound, at the same time i can appreciate pure raw tone as well, just depends on what i am listening too.

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14
          I also liked that strat playing guy, i always forget this name, i think it was john or joe or something, i saw him on one of the ozzfests and he had a great tone and chops.
          Joe Holmes. I also saw him on Ozzfest one year. He was supposed to join Ozzy's band full time, then I think he decided not to and then Zakk came back. He was also a student of Randy's at one time.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Randy is my fave guitarist. But live, I think Jake plays the cleanest. That solo on Suicide Solution just rocks. Zakk kinda just mangles things and the whole loogie thing makes no sense.

I would love for the next Ozzy album to be with a different guitarist. Someone not so pentatonic based.

Comment

Man that guy always sounds out of tune.. his notes never match the rythem! and anyhow I would prefer brad gillis anytime over jake e lee..

Comment

his notes never match the rythem
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday
                  Yeah i have no clue what the hell he is talking about either.

Comment

Jake has a very percussive attack, with alot of muting.. you know how a trem setup can be sometimes.. just speculation as to his comment. If he's 'out of tune' .. it certainly isn't by much.

Comment

Jake E. Lee rules! Best guitar player Ozzy ever had!!!!!!
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Its a shame he basically quit for so many years... can't blame him really.. it can be a tough game to stay in. Happens to even the best of us as players.

Comment

I'm too young to know who Jake E Lee is but that solo was wylde, err wild.

Comment

Damn,he rocks.It's really a shame that the music business left Jake as "scarred" as it did.I saw him with Oz on the Sin tour,and it was an amazing show.One of my favorite players,highly underappreciated IMO.

Check out the solo on "The Ultimate Ozzy" video(if you can find it),it has more of the thumb use,and a better camera angle.His solo is in "Killer Of Giants" on that one,some monster playing on that one..
                            Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Holy Shit! I have never heard this version before; only Tribute with Randy and the live versions with Zack Wyld's versions... Damn, Mr. Lee plays with awesome precesion. Kudos for this vid; I'm watching it again...

\m/
                              Yo Quiero Jackson USA Neck Thru "J" Serial Numbered Customs!

Comment

Wow, I really enjoyed that. Thanks very much for posting it!

Comment

Working...
                                X