Page's 1275

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page's 1275

Any Idea of what pickups were used in his doubleneck?
    Mainly the 12 string side, I'm changing the pickups in my Agile dbl neck and I'm lost as to what type of pickups I should use on the 12 string side.
    I was thinking about getting the Gibson 490r/498t set up for the 12, and 496r/500t for the 6.
    Any suggestions?

Two 490R Alnico magnet humbuckers (12-String)
    Two 490T Alnico magnet humbuckers (6-String)

My 1982 EDS-1275 has the same configuration. Personally, I can't imagine replacing the pickups on the 6-string.

Mr G
    "POOP"

Comment

I´m fairly certain that the 490 series wasn´t released yet when Page bought his, I´d think PAFs or the sucessing "Patent nr" Pickups would be most likely....

BTW, are you sure your PUs arent set to have a 490t (bridge) and a 490r (Neck) on each side? 2 bridge PUs on one side and 2 neck PUs on the other strikes me as a bit odd for a Gibson factory setup...

Comment

Oops, I guess I should have proofread my post. You're right. I'll blame it on lack of coffee.
        "POOP"

Comment

Cool, Thanks

Comment

His 1275 was a 1974, bought originally for "Song Remains The Same"...and NOT Stairway as common lore dictates. Stairway was recorded with all Fenders (the 12 string part was a Fender XII, and the rythms and solos were the Dragon Tele)
            He did use the 1275 to play Stairway live also.

It used Patent Number humbuckers which Gibson used until 1975 when Norlin switched them to the Lawrence-designed epoxy backed humbucks. He usually left them stock, just having his tech change the capacitors, to give them a bit more mids

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdZ
              His 1275 was a 1974, bought originally for "Song Remains The Same"...and NOT Stairway as common lore dictates. Stairway was recorded with all Fenders (the 12 string part was a Fender XII, and the rythms and solos were the Dragon Tele)
              He did use the 1275 to play Stairway live also.
              This can't be the same doubleneck he used in the film "Song Remains The Same" since that footage was recorded in 1973. I thought that one was from the 60s.
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II
                This can't be the same doubleneck he used in the film "Song Remains The Same" since that footage was recorded in 1973. I thought that one was from the 60s.
                You're right....I'm off by a year. It was a '73,
                I remember reading that when IV was released and they did the tour for it, is when he got the doubleneck.

Comment

Cool...Gibson is in the works with making a small series of an exact reproduction of Page's doubleneck, using the old specs. I didn't realize how far back the stoptail is on Page's compared to later ones. I can only imagine what the cost of these things will be!, since those Murphy-aged LPs went for a small fortune...and those just had ONE neck!
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II
                    I didn't realize how far back the stoptail is on Page's compared to later ones.

I read they had a hard time getting strings long enough for Page's doubleneck because of the bridge being that far back. I wonder if the new ones are going to require special strings.

Comment

I thought he got it in 71 because they had to do stairway live .I;ve got a black 69 and yes the strings are very long on the 12 string side but even when I got it (75) I never had problems with strings.

Comment

Originally posted by jtr
                        I thought he got it in 71 because they had to do stairway live .I;ve got a black 69 and yes the strings are very long on the 12 string side but even when I got it (75) I never had problems with strings.
                        Wow dude!...YOURS is worth a small fortune!! a '69 in black!

Page's IS a '73...I read that he bought it specifically for the tour that year to perform Stairway, and Song Remains The Same
                        Last edited by FirebirdZ; 06-24-2006, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jtr
                          I;ve got a black 69 and yes the strings are very long on the 12 string side
                          can you post pics of that??? please!
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by jtr
                            Well, I read it on the internet so it must be true

Comment

There a picture from Nov. of 1971 with Page playing his Doubleneck on Led Zep. com.

Comment

Working...
                              X