dokken - BFTA lead sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dokken - BFTA lead sound?

so i'm listening to back for the attack right now...the lead sound is AMAZING, in contrast to the rather fizzy rhythm tone. i wonder what he used to get that sound? it sounds very alive and harmonically rich to me, seems like the notes really jump off the fretboard.
    i guess a boosted laney GH head with delay and reverb in the loop could get pretty close, but i still wonder about his actual setup for that record...i remember reading something about TS9 boosted vintage marshalls, but i might be mistaken.

come on, i know there are loads of lynch nuts around here...share your wisdom

If I remember right, he used an older purple Plexi that belonged to Aspen Pittman. He was always talking about that head in articles.

Dday

Comment

Damn I can remember specifically what it was that he used but it was similar to a sustainer system but it was some kind of rack unit or pedal. It boosted the notes an octave if I remember correctly.
      It was in an old article I read about his sound. I will see if I can find it.
      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

George used the Sustainiac "B" system for that record. Also, the purple Plexi from aspen pitman, An old TS9 Tube screamer. I remember reading the same article that everytime George was doing his lead tracks the engineer told him to turn on the Sustainiac. For his reverb I think he used a Lexicon PCM 88 (I think that's the model), and a few rack delay units. The Sustainiac was the major contributing effect for his leads.

Comment

All the stuff he used on it should be on his website....stuff for the other albums and tours too....

EDIT-well I checked and he completely revamped his website and the gear is not on there anymore
          Last edited by Boxcar Willie 84; 06-20-2006, 10:37 AM.

Comment

It's there, you just have to pay to see it.
            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Check this out then and go to gear
              http://www.georgelynch.com/index2.html
              http://www.georgelynch.com/rigs/stud...forstudio.html
              www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Ah, that's how I like to remember the site. Thank you sir!
                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

My God -- he goes through GEAR!! He's always been one of the premier gear-whores, but I mean, GEEZ!!

Comment

that's why I love this place so much - you guys remember this stuff even better than I do - seeing this kind of info rocks...no magazine articles ever gave this kind of access pics gear, config just awesome I tell ya...thanks to all who contribute!

Comment

cool, thanks.

George used the Sustainiac "B" system for that record. Also, the purple Plexi from aspen pitman, An old TS9 Tube screamer. I remember reading the same article that everytime George was doing his lead tracks the engineer told him to turn on the Sustainiac. For his reverb I think he used a Lexicon PCM 88 (I think that's the model), and a few rack delay units. The Sustainiac was the major contributing effect for his leads.
                      so, what does it do? judging by the name i'd guess it adds sustain, but then again, you can't really hear that on the record - he's playing way too fast

Comment

Working...
                      X