Marc Richard Diglio from XYZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marc Richard Diglio from XYZ

I've watched a couple of clips of XYZ at youtube and I was wondering what guitars he used. In the videos for "Face Down in the Gutter" and "Inside Out", he's using a red guitar with a single HB and a maple neck with a strat-style headstock but the videos aren't clear enough to make out a logo. I was wondering if it was an older Charvel or something else.

I think Marc was also seen with a yellow Jackson in some later live videos.

Anybody know what he used for guitars and amps? In my opinion, he was sorely overlooked as he's a helluva player.
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Originally posted by fuel0707
    I've watched a couple of clips of XYZ at youtube and I was wondering what guitars he used. In the videos for "Face Down in the Gutter" and "Inside Out", he's using a red guitar with a single HB and a maple neck with a strat-style headstock but the videos aren't clear enough to make out a logo. I was wondering if it was an older Charvel or something else.

I think Marc was also seen with a yellow Jackson in some later live videos.

Anybody know what he used for guitars and amps? In my opinion, he was sorely overlooked as he's a helluva player.
    Yup,that's an early pre-pro Charvel,currently owned by Tony(Charveljunkie)& previously owned by Toru,Mick Mars & a few others!!It's now modded with an added neck hum & the color has faded nicely!!

5....4....3....2....1....!!

Comment

Cool - thanks for that!

Any info on his other gear and guitars?
      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Sorry man,that's all I have!!Tony or Toru may have more info!!

5....4....3....2....1....!!

Comment

yes i have played it...no i can't have it...and neither can anyone else...lol...a little more info...the fretboard radius is extremely flat, neck is very thin...the body is completely made out of maple meaning it's one heavy s.o.b....very bright tone, obviously...you want to talk about mojo on a charvel?...just like my shattered glass one, tony's has it...in spades...there is no mistaking certain charvels for anything else...too bad there werent as many of there as there were of the pointies, cause i still like the necks better on these...d.m.
          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Here's a quick info for you.
            It started off with Marc looking like this:

Was used on the first xyz albums-was passed through a couple of collectors then Toru (dinkyjacksonman) had it then sold it to a guy in Long Beach,Ca then Mick Mars got it and used it for most of the 1994 Motley Crue album and was featured in the young guns magazine-By this time it had an added neck pickup with a 3 way switch:

Then Toru got it bak after 10 years and it has ended up with me-A tone knob was the last mod done to it:

Whats cool is behind the neck plate the original color is still there-It has faded over the last 25 years to a cool color-It faded because of the dye they used-Alot of old trans-finish charvels did this as well"

As for amps Marc used Marshall's and ADA Preamps-I will check my notes and try to find out more for you-Enjoy

Comment

He was a big Steinberger endorser as well.

Comment

A tremendous and overlooked player, the 2nd record (Hungry) is one of my favorite of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E.
                  A tremendous and overlooked player, the 2nd record (Hungry) is one of my favorite of all time.
                  Heard the live one? Tasty...

Comment

Working...
                  X