Going to see Def Lep on Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to see Def Lep on Saturday

Can't wait to see Phil Collen's new PC1 Strat head. Looks pretty cool on the Jackson site. I don't now if I like those Floyd Rose Speed loaders though...

Has anyone ever messed with one of those?

Originally posted by at0micpunk
    Can't wait to see Phil Collen's new PC1 Strat head. Looks pretty cool on the Jackson site. I don't now if I like those Floyd Rose Speed loaders though...

Has anyone ever messed with one of those?
    the speedloaders are actually pretty cool, the catch is you can only use floyds special strings which are heinously expensive

Comment

And hard to find? Not sure about u guys, but in my neck of the woods I've never been able to locate speedloader strings. Always sounded like an interesting concept though.

Comment

At the Jackson clinic, John Walker wanted to see that guitar in production as an answer to my question. I want one! Tim Wilson, however didn't due to the special string availability! I still want one with that transparent-changing color finish! Maybe a custom shop order is needed here.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Well, they were great last night and Yes he did use the new PC1 for
          "Let it Go" ......It sounded great! Looks pretty cool too...

I just can't get used to the look with no tuners.... It looks weird.

Some people actually believe that the added weight of metal tuners on the headstock actually contribute to the tone somewhat. If you've ever seen Lynch's Yellow Tiger up close, he has a lilttle black box attached to the back of the headstock. I believe this little box is made of lead or something of that sort which contributes to his aggressive tone.....

Just like those "Tone Plates" they sell that attach to the back of the headstock. Have you guys ever seen them? Do you know what I'm talking about? Some places online sell them. Anyway, I'm just thinking that maybe the absence of tuners takes away from the tone a bit? What do you guys think? Does that sound nuts? Am I ranting? haha

Comment

nahh your not nuts atomic.I had Jay parmer over my pad a couple of years back and on the back of his heastock(90's old style esp skulls n snake lynch model) he had(glued?)a big chunk of metal.Jay is a total Lynch fanatic(good player too)so iexpect he got this from info on Geo's guitars.Mind you GL had that sustaining device fitted on his back headstock that he used to engage for hius screaming solos

Comment

Working...
            X