Saw Trower at Jaxx with Hippietim!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Trower at Jaxx with Hippietim!

OK, let me start this off by saying what a wonderful time my wife and I had tonight. A plus was getting to hook with our own HippieTim. Let me say that he is one T-A-L-L dude, but is even nicer then he is tall.

Once inside the venue, the wife and I were treated to a free drink, courtesy of a very drunk bar tender. Free beer! I knew the night would go well!

Gary Smallwood opened for Robin and played a great set of Hedrix staples. Red House, Little Wing and Voodoo Child were extremly well done. After the show I got a quick chance to say hi to him and shake his hand. A super nice feller!

They skidaddled after their set, and after a quick set up the Strat Meister hisself walks on stage to a monstrous chorus of screams and yells and general mayhem. The band opened up with a couple tunes from their new album, and sounded good right off. Ole Trout face lived up to his nickname and I got a couple good shots of some serious guitar face. Here's the best...

They played several great tunes, including a total of five from Bridge of Sighs. They also did Victims of the Fury which was much appreciated by me!
    Then they did a few from the Living Out of Time disc, including my favorite, Another Time Another Place. Davey Pattison was slow to get warmed up, but when he did....wow! He sounded great. Simply my favorite Trower vocalist since Dewar.

to be continued.....
    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Robin was on fire, he truely played his arse off! He has an insane vibrato and can milk a note forever. On one occasion, he kept a note sustaining for nearly 45 seconds. Of course he was helped along by the pedal board of the gods there. But even with such a proccessed signal, he manages to get some righteous tone!

Anyhow, here are some more pics...

What a great show. The best one I have seen in awhile.

to be cont....

Comment

I was a bit pissed that the sound guy had the levels too high, he really did apoor job, but everyone had a blast, including my Robin...here's what someone looks like after spending ten years with me, she used to be very normal looking...

After the show, we all met outside where Tim was a monster of coolness by running over to get us cold waters while I stood in the Trower autograph line...Thanks Tim...You Rock!!!

I had Trower sign my new Trower strat's trem cover...rock on!

Of course after I walked away, you can see that he knew right off I was a goon...look at him laugh at me...He must be thinking "I have never met such a retard in all my life!"

That's it. Tim, you are welcome in my town and home anytime you come up. Thanks for the fun time!!!

later.....

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Chuck. I had a blast as well. It was great to meet you and your wife. I'll post more later when I'm not limited to my cell phone for web surfing.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Not retard big fan

Comment

Yeah, he's definitely smiling proudly, happy at your fandom!

Originally posted by Chasbo
            I

Tim loves us! Awwwwwww!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Awesome stuff!

Digging the pics, great work on the autographs!
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
              X