Brett Garsed ... Heard him ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brett Garsed ... Heard him ???

Have you guys heard Brett Garsed ? He played with Nelson for some time. I remember him from the Varney "Guitar on the Edge" CD's.

Check out these clips and tell me what you think:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy it !!
    Last edited by heartfielder; 06-25-2006, 05:18 PM.

I do not like it. It puts me to sleep. Sure, I understand he is not a METAL axe grinder; but since it was asked - I have to say... Yawn..... Sorry.
    Yo Quiero Jackson USA Neck Thru "J" Serial Numbered Customs!

Comment

So that's who this guy is..I seen the name...but didn't connect him to Nelson.

Although he is talented..I cringed as soon as I heard the drum machine..

Seriously, listen to THAT and keep in mind THIS .."Cloudy skies with 40% chance of a mild Summer sprinkle, high's in the upper 80's"..

Well it's a living..somebody must play weather channel tunes..he does that well!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I saw him play in Aussie. Very talented. Nice to see him using slide too.
        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

can't check out the clips, at work right now. But Brett is a smokin' guitarist. Check out his work with TJ Helmerich(sp)
          Hail yesterday

Comment

I saw him in Sydney when he supported Steve Vai in 2004. It's not the kind of thing i'd buy an album of, but if you ever get the chance to see him live, it's worth it.

Comment

Yeah, I´ve heard of him. He´s one of my top ten guitarists any day of the week... but then again I´m not a "METAL axe grinder" either!

Comment

He is very good. I have an instructional tape of his. His ideas are taken from jazz - specifically jazz horn players is what he gets into. So his sound is a little different but he can shred.
                Uses chromatics a lot. Also uses his fingers as well as a pick and can do some neat arpeggios with this technique.
                PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Brett is fantastic! His latest release Big Sky has some great tracks on it. He has the Holdsworth style legato but his tunes are easier to listen to. Also he is one of the best slide players around. In my book the guy can do no wrong. Plus he is very nice and humble for guy with chops from hell!

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG
                    can't check out the clips, at work right now. But Brett is a smokin' guitarist. Check out his work with TJ Helmerich(sp)
                    Then check out the second clip I've posted. This guy CAN shred !!!

Comment

lol at the yawner!Brett is fucking amazing,i have most of his albums and his instructional tape and DVD-pisses all over holdsworth imo as he has tastefull dynamics with expressive rock Tech/licks and melodic jazz/fusion lines

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                        So that's who this guy is..I seen the name...but didn't connect him to Nelson.

Although he is talented..I cringed as soon as I heard the drum machine..

Seriously, listen to THAT and keep in mind THIS .."Cloudy skies with 40% chance of a mild Summer sprinkle, high's in the upper 80's"..

Well it's a living..somebody must play weather channel tunes..he does that well!
                        fucking hell you surprise me!I thought you knew all the good guitarists?No drum machines on the fucking albums mate and if you could be fucking arsed to check out the 2nd link you would see him at GIT giving it large in the quid pro days.

Comment

Yep, he uses finger picking with his remaining 3 fingers on his picking hand. The slide finger is his middle one (instead of the ring finger) which allows him to do a technique I've not seen before. Very interesting. I forgot to mention I saw him at a Guitar Show in Melbourne a few months ago and he was a totally down-to-earth-type guy. Very cool.
                          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by jjw
                            fucking hell you surprise me!I thought you knew all the good guitarists?No drum machines on the fucking albums mate and if you could be fucking arsed to check out the 2nd link you would see him at GIT giving it large in the quid pro days.
                            allright dammit, I'll watch the second video..

I kinda gave up the whole jazz/fusion thing up some years ago...I was really into that scene when I played bass..like Frak Gambale and whatnots ..

YES, Drum machines are for "practice" in my book..but that's just me...unless you get drum samples that sound somewhat ..ummm..lifelike.

I said he was talented!

OH MAN, HOLY SHIT!!!..I just ate my foot...that second video is AWESOME..

Sorry!

He's GREAT!!!!!!

Billy Z Bubbles

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

HOLY SHIT AGAIN!:ROTF:

I watched it three more times..

what is his best work..I'll get it...I like what he's doing on the second vid!

I'm a slacker..

Comment

Working...
                              X