Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX
    Gee, where have we heard that before?
    Well, short of die hard fans like me, I can understand where that would be a joke to other people. I think I am one of the 3 people or so that liked Presto and all those 90's albums.

Nonetheless, the last 3 albums have been steadily more and more guitar focused than before, so I am expecting more of the same with the new one.

chuck
    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Originally posted by Chasbo
      I think I am one of the 3 people or so that liked Presto and all those 90's albums. chuck
      And I'm one of the other two!! Of course I'm biased, Rush is my favorite! Which is your favorite album??
      I love admins!

Comment

Presto is a great album. The sound is kinda thin, but the songs and songwriting are great. It's one of my fav Rush albums, might even be my favorite.

"Well, short of die hard fans like me, I can understand where that would be a joke to other people."

It's a joke not only limited to Rush, but every band in the world. If there's a band that has ever said "Well our new album really isn't gonna be that good", I'll eat my Jackson Rhythmist. Heck I'm sure EVH probably said this about VHIII, and we all know how well THAT album didn't blow away previous stuff. When people say that, I just respond with one of Rush's best songs, "Show Don't Tell".
        Just a guitar player...

Comment

The Pass is one of my favorites! But if I had to pick and albumit would be Caress of Steel, then Permanent Waves!
          I love admins!

Comment

If you listen to the last 3 albums, Counterparts, VT and Feedback
            um, which Rush album are you calling Feedback?
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

as a longtime hardcore Rush fan, I loved all their stuff up to Counterparts, which I only "liked." I loved Test for Echo, but I really don't like Vapor Trails at all, because the songwriting sucks on the cd, and they just don't have the hooks like they used to.

I'll check out the new cd and hope it's great. but I also won't hestitate to call it out if it's lame like VT.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb
                It's their album of covers they released as part of their R30 celebration/tour.

chuck

Comment

as a longtime hardcore Rush fan, I loved all their stuff up to Counterparts, which I only "liked." I loved Test for Echo, but I really don't like Vapor Trails at all, because the songwriting sucks on the cd, and they just don't have the hooks like they used to.

I'll check out the new cd and hope it's great. but I also won't hestitate to call it out if it's lame like VT.
                  That's one point of view for sure, but I happen to think it's a great album. Earthshine, Ghostrider, How it Is and Sweet Miracle are all awesome tunes to me. Again, I am a die hard fan and am a bit less objective about them, but seeing those songs played live in the proper context made me love them. For the record, I think Test For Echo is their most underrated album next to Caress of Steel.

chuck

Comment

Rush lost me at Moving Pictures.

Anything before that...

750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

If you listen to the last 3 albums, Counterparts, VT and Feedback you could hardly say that he let the keyboards take over.
                      chuck
                      If you read my post, I said "in the 80s". Starting with Counterparts, the keyboards have lessened on each album (all the way to VT which has no keyboards). But when I think about it, I don't know anymore if keyboards are the issue or just songwriting, style, sound, etc. Because Signals is loaded with keys and is a great album. Tom Sawyer, their most recognizable song, is heavy on keys.

As far as favorite/least favorite albums, it's always interesting to hear different opinions from fans. Especially for a band like Rush that has so many albums and have gone through so many changes. Personally, I think VT is great and Counterparts is one of the better "newer" albums (post- Moving Pictures). On the other hand, Presto is probably my least favorite Rush album. To each his own!
                      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Originally posted by nor
                        Rush lost me at Moving Pictures.

Anything before that...

same here after Moving Pictures I just kind of lost that "connection"
                        with what they were writing.
                        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I remember when 'spirit of radio' came out..I heard alot of comments on the "whats with the disco shit in the middle of the song?" coming about.

People get argumentitive about band direction and changes in style, happens all the time.. with the Beatles especially.

Btw.. Alex used Echoplex in the early days, then went to Roland in Hemispheres era along with Hiwatt amps.

Comment

'Feedback," is the album of covers that they did!
                            I love admins!

Comment

That's one point of view for sure, but I happen to think it's a great album. Earthshine, Ghostrider, How it Is and Sweet Miracle are all awesome tunes to me. Again, I am a die hard fan and am a bit less objective about them, but seeing those songs played live in the proper context made me love them. For the record, I think Test For Echo is their most underrated album next to Caress of Steel.

chuck
                              Ya VT is great I think! Better than Feedback! Test for Echo is another wicked album! Love Totem, and Dog years!! If the world only new what they were missing!!
                              I love admins!

Comment

Working...
                              X