the new haunted album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the new haunted album

check out their website www.the-haunted.com , there are a few small movies from the recording sessions. no full song up so far, but i doubt it will be much longer.
    so far it sounds quite promising, killer guitar tone, too - i really love the part in the second video where anders and jensen are trying out sounds - 5150 all the way, baby
    you can even see a few close ups of the 5150 settings - got to try them anytime soon.

well, just a lil heads up for one of today's best thrash metal bands

edit: in the most recent video, you can see jensen playing through a vht, too...interesting. i think there's an engl fireball on top of a powerball (not quite sure about that one), and to the left of that one you can briefly see the vht logo, plus blue power lights.

also, can anybody figure out what kind of amp you can see in the second video, on top of the 5150 I ? kinda looks like the back panel of an amp - the abovementioned vht maybe??
    Last edited by Fragle; 06-30-2006, 06:31 AM.

Not too sure of what they play with but their 1st album is one of my top 5 ever now!! I just discovered it few weeks ago!! Totally wicked riffing, and never heard anybody so tight!!
    I love admins!

Comment

No denying the impact the Bjorler brothers had on today's metal. You can hear an At the Gates riff in just about any metalcore song. I still prefer At the Gates to the Haunted, although The Haunted's self-titled album is killer.
      EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

The Haunted's self titled is their best by far, IMO... Less At The Gates influence, more Jensen riffing, great singing, not one filler...
        Made Me Do It didn't do it for me, although I can enjoy a few songs from it from times to times, but the overall At The Gates feeling kills it for me. Don't get me wrong, I love Slaughter Of The Soul, but to me, it's their only release worth owning and listenning too, along with the Terminal Spirit Disease EP.
        One Kill Wonder is a good one, ferocious, fast as hell, powerful, but somewhat too slayerish for my tastes and the sound isn't too good, even compared with the s/t IMO.
        rEVOLVEr just sucks to me, leaning too much on the american scene THEY've been influencing all those years, too much At The Gates influence and metalcorish vocals/approach... yuk.
        Although I really don't like rEVOLVEr I still admire this band as they've kept their touch and you can really recognize a Haunted song when you hear one and I'm still looking forward for the next album...

Comment

Originally posted by drockilles
          although The Haunted's self-titled album is killer.
          It's bad as FUCK!! Choke Hold, baby!!!!
          I love admins!

Comment

I love all of their albums. I prefer Peter's vocals over Marco's, and I'm glad he's back, but Marco was pretty cool, too.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks ! I'm a geek for that stuff. I wish more bands would post recording video diaries.

Comment

I'm looking forward to their next album
                I liked every single release from this group and l'm a huge at the gates fan

oh, and the guitar sound are killer! as expected

Comment

im a pretty big the haunted fan myself. one kill wonder is the album that gets me off the most though.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                    I love all of their albums. I prefer Peter's vocals over Marco's, and I'm glad he's back, but Marco was pretty cool, too.
                    +1000

OKW was the weakest of the four released so far for my money (though DOA is an awesome song). I enjoy the self-titled debut and rEVOLVEr the most. Peter Dolving is a sick singer.

"Bury me in a shallow grave, so the dogs can dig me out... If I die tonight, well that suits me fine, cause I'd be better of covered in LYE!"

Dirnirnirrrrr!!

The Haunted rules. The do for me what Slayer never could.

Comment

well, at least they manage to have a great guitar sound

Comment

update: listen to a song of their upcoming release "the dead eye" called "the medication" here: http://http://www2.centurymedia.com/...t_id_country=3

sounds cool. the sound quality is kinda...bad but that's because of the low bitrate i guess. the chorus riff is rockin'

Comment

Damn..I'm gettin' that ASAP..

Thanks for the heads up..

Listening to The new Deicide..Ralph Santolla is kicking my ass on this shit!!
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

i listened to one of their new songs (the youtube vid someone posted a few weeks ago), and while the song was pretty cool (the leads were nice too) i can't get past glenn's "singing"

Comment

btw, did you notice that every single song title on the new haunted record starts with "the" ? kinda cheesy if you ask me

Comment

Working...
                              X