the new haunted album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fragle View Post
    i listened to one of their new songs (the youtube vid someone posted a few weeks ago), and while the song was pretty cool (the leads were nice too) i can't get past glenn's "singing"

I know..He does grate on my nerves too ..but Damn..Santolla really delivered the goods on this one ..

I have all the haunted..rEvolver was my least favorite..as was Soilwork's last one..I bought those together and was bummed..same with In Flames..their last one was a step back in the right direction..still like the older stuff.

but I listened to them some more..and they both grew on me a bit..like the older stuff better..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

revolver kicks ass. listen to sweet relief, that song alone could make a whole album shine imho. 99, no compromise, and my shadow are also GREAT songs....but YMMV

Comment

Looks like it will be a nice album.

Yeah the new Deicide is very cool. Nice new touch with the melodic solo stuff. My favourite Solo is the one from title track.

Flo
        http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle View Post
          revolver kicks ass. listen to sweet relief, that song alone could make a whole album shine imho. 99, no compromise, and my shadow are also GREAT songs....but YMMV
          OK dude..in fact I will do that right now..

sweet relief it is!!!!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Love that urban camo ESP Exp.

Comment

I rank them in this order so far:

#1 - The Haunted - Raw, but the playing is very tight. Typical ATG drumming from Adrian, Slayer guitar style (but musically better) and Pantera vocal style.

#2 - One Kill Wonder - Much more of a death metal album. So many good songs on here it makes my head spin. Marco shines on this one, as the songs are so aggressive. The title track is my favorite.

#3 - rEVOLVEr - A lot of straightforward tunes on here, and about as close to "metalcore" as I can stand in some cases, but Dolving just makes it all come together. This album wouldn't have worked with Marco on vocals. I love the solo on "Abysmal" and hear a bit of an AIC vibe on the slower songs. Some people dismissed this album, but I think it's great.

#4 - ...Made Me Do It - Let's slow down and mellow out a great thrash guitar duo, and force a very proficient death metal vocalist to hold back...meh. There are some good songs here, but it seemed like a deliberate attempt to make an accessible album. Nothing really grabbed me.

I've seen The Haunted live three times with Marco, but never with Dolving. I need to remedy that.
              sigpic

Comment

i agree, made me do it is kinda lame at times. the first three songs rock, but the rest is rather dull and uninspiring. victim iced is pretty cool though, very in your face

Comment

btw, dolving is one insane mofo. i saw them last year with god forbid and god dethroned. i posted a review of the show in the non j/c section.

Comment

I saw pictures of Peter Dolving playing an entire set at a festival wearing a leather g string LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X