Guitars Suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitars Suck

Heh...if you've got 20 minutes, some of this stuff is nuts...some of it is just, meh....Rusty Cooley is almost cartoonish...

The Guthrie Govan part that starts at 9:35 is worth the entire thing though...

I made this compilation video back in early 2006 when I was about 16. I think YouTube had only officially launched a few months beforehand, and I thought it ...

Steve E

11 String Electric GUITAR? I have never seen/heard one before... Wow!
    Yo Quiero Jackson USA Neck Thru "J" Serial Numbered Customs!

Comment

welp, i cant believe i saw some of the crazy stuff that was in that thing.

thats some unreal playing. sweet stuff.

i like cooley's crimson ghost stripper shirt. and bumblefoot's axe.

Comment

That video was so awesome. .

Comment

Originally posted by metalboots
          11 String Electric GUITAR? I have never seen/heard one before... Wow!
          Yeah, that was a very interesting instrument. I've seen 10-string 'touch' guitars before, like the Chapman Stick, but those basically just combine bass and regular guitars into one neck to allow you to tap out both bass and melody parts simultaneously. This guy's 11-string, by contrast, appears to be essentially two inverted sets of six-strings, with the low-E being a common string in the middle.
          This would allow you to tap out some crazy, closely-clustered chords and unison runs that normally only keyboardists could do. This guy didn't even remotely show in that video what such an instrument would be capable of doing, though he did some amazing stuff.

Everything in that video made me want to lock myself in my studio for a week and practice.

Comment

Dave Martone, he's pretty interesting. Still not a big fan of extended tapping lines, for some reason, the arpeggiated stuff sounded really neat.

Yes, the Govan part, was... mind blowing
            www.myspace.com/madeaband
            www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

Cool video, but the uploader sounds a bit pretentious.
              If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Originally posted by followthereaper
                Cool video, but the uploader sounds a bit pretentious.

Well, I suppose if you don't have the chops you may as well have the greatest collection of instrumental guitar vids in the History of the Universe

I just watched the Guthrie part again - just sick, especially with the clean tone...

Steve E

Comment

Way too sick, I quit.
                  Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Watching it again makes you feel even better about yourself!
                    Yo Quiero Jackson USA Neck Thru "J" Serial Numbered Customs!

Comment

Shawn Lane at age 16.....what can you say? it's a shame he didn't get more recognition for neither talent nor music.

(and the NAMM clip straight after it...fucking brilliant.)

Comment

I've seen Martone live at a clinic and he does rip.

Great video.

Comment

I know one thing for certain, if I had nothing to do but practice guitar for 12 hours a day, with Steve Vai as my private instructor, for the next decade....all of these guys would still smoke my ass!!!

Man, I love Dave Martone...great style.

Mike
                          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I dont give a crap what anyone says.

Shawn Lane always was and always will be the fastest. That clip there is proof.

Guthrie Govan's tune was impressive as well. I love that kind of stuff.

I really liked Christophe Godin as well. . .I REALLY love his style. A fellow Laney player too, and his Vigier is very similar to my Ibanez RG550DY that I always play.

Comment

Wow some very cool stuff, but IMO Guthrie Govan stole the show, that was awesome and when he kicked in the harmonizer effect or whatever it was my jaw hit the floor.

The Bumblefoot part made me laugh my ass off when he started singing along.

Comment

Working...
                              X