Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shredheads rejoice! New Paul Gilbert album!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How old is he? He looks pretty young.

Comment

He's gotta be in his mid 30's.

Paul is a great player, and seems like a good guy. He's one of the few players IMO that do the "shred" thing and not bore you to tears. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the new CD.

Comment

His website always cracks me up:

"Here I am mowing the lawn at age 15.

The riding lawn mower was definitely the status symbol of our rural neighborhood. My dad customized our Toro by painting fighter plane style teeth on it, as well as a new logo on the side which read, "Coupe De Grass". The golden angel hood ornament was the final touch.

My Def Leppard perm and burgundy satin jacket gave me style which the neighbors could not compete with. Or comprehend."
        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

paul's amazing. one of the people i look up to. he's great all around!

have you guys seen that japanese show he does with Friedman? that was posted here awhile back, that rocks!
          Last edited by Seventh Avenged; 07-07-2006, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Paul's BD is Nov 6, 1966, so he's 39 currently. He was 37 in the above pic.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

and signed with Shrapnel at the tender age of 16.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

gilbert is my hero!

i cant wait for this
                You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

He's my favorite player.I love his sense of humor.
                  I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Gilbert is the best player on earth, can't wait...

Comment

+1000 to everything! He's a great player, cool guy, and funny. That stuff on his website is hilarious. I saw him at a clinic in '89 and I got a pic of him that he signed "If you don't practice, a 16 ton weight will fall on your head!". Total Monty Python reference, funny stuff. I can't wait for this album, his fans have been waiting a long time for an all instumental album. Of course, this could lead to the other thing his fans have wanted - G3 with Gilbert .......
                      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

G3 with Gilbert would be so insanely good!

Have been looking forward to this album for a long time! And i agree to all that has been said about Pablo Gilberto! Such a cool, relaxed, easy-going, down to earth, FUNNY guy!
                        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                        X