No announcement yet.

George Lynch Shred for the attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introspection is a killer CD from Greg Howe... GET IT!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

• Introspection, Parallax, Uncertain Terms, Extraction, they're all great, (although Extraction is a little too "jazz" for me)
      Greg is all I listened to last year 10 hours a day, I have about 60% of his stuff tabbed out for me by a guy that used to take lessons from him (cost me an arm and a leg to get them ). Completely changed the way I play, especially the way I improv. He is definitely the most under exposed shredder out there. If he ever did a G3, Satch and Vai would probably just stand there shaking their heads trying to figure out what the hell he's doing. He can play effortlessly over any chord change you throw at him.
      Howe, Timmons and Loomis. I think the 3 best "currently" shredding out there. I love Satch but he's mellowing out and Vai is too way out there for me( although I love to see him live). Timmons new Cd is great, I'm waiting to hear Gilberts new one.
      I'm also a huge Vinnie Moore fan, he's still out there shredding too.

Lynch I'm sorry to say never did it for me
      Last edited by kmanick; 08-01-2006, 09:36 AM.
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

• yeah, I got all dat chit..

I almost feel bad bustin on George after seeing the Ed vid..in the amp section.

as bad as this was..it was friggin' virtuosity compared to Ed..well whatever the hell that was..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• The guy in the red is from a band called Galnyraus(Im sure thats spelled wrong)dont remember his name.Ihave a young guitar DVD were he does a lesson and he is actually a decent guitar player.the problem I have with some of the japanese guitarists that i have heard is that they lack feeling or emotion in thier playing,almoust robtic in thier styles.

Comment

• Big in Japan my friend Well Japan is known for having some (if not THE) most manic fans in the world. Maybe some of them just try to copy their heroes playing style, without thinking much about developing their own?
            That's not a Japanese phenomenon only by the way.. Malmsteen is one of the planets most copied and imitated guitarists but when Rising Force came out it sure was someting new.. I don't think I could ever figure out how to play like that by myself! He was a groundbreaker and a daredevil back then, in my opinion. Screw the ego, I'm just talking about his playing hehe hehe
            "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Working...
            X