X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Lynch Shred for the attack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq0yI...george%20lynch

Now go practice.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

man, that sucks to be willingly upstaged on your own stage on your own song..IMO.

He's just NOT the same George Lynch that inspired me..LONG ago.

Reb, kills him at his own game..Although Lynch wrote those songs..Reb does them more true to form and accurate than George does..

John and I both hung out and saw both Dokken and Lynch play a couple diffent times.

Well, at least he's still out there doing his best..more than can say for other guy who inspired me to play.

I''m not George bashing..just sharing our honest observations..
    Last edited by horns666; 07-15-2006, 09:13 AM.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

who are the other dudes? George does apperar to be struggling in playing and tone on that one, could be just the recording be he didnt ave the tne going on and a lot of what he was doinf wasnt standing out..
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Shawn it's NOT the recording..trust me..the other guys sound just fine..right

His tone/playing was aweful when I saw him..I was so disappointed I bailed 30 minutes into his set and I was standing 15 feet from the guy..I wanted my 22 bucks back.

The local opening player kicked his butt..too bad their songs were gay.

I was a HUGE Lynch guy..John and Don had a good talk about George..he's having "issues"..

His playing is erratic and disjointed at best..

not the same dude that kicked out asses once upon a time...I left feeling VERY disappointed.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah, after seeing George live, I was sadly disapointed... He looked healthy, as he has in most pics I've seen as of recent, but his playing was really off that night, and his tone was pretty crappy. I so much wished I hadn't seen him that way and left my memories intact.

I hung out with Don D. and his wife and Reb for a while a couple weeks ago, and Don shared some stuff that explains it all really. I don't wanna elaborate as it was privvy stuff, but George apparently has some serious "issues" that are taking a toll on him.

Sad stuff really...

Comment

His feel and tone smoked those other guys imo.
            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x
              Really, what video were you watching..

I don't share that opinion..not at all...

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x
                I love George.
                His feel and his technique was the best. His tone and his execution of that technique was painful to watch. It seemed to me that his amp wasn't dialed in correctly and he certainly didn't have his signature double delay working correctly.
                I liked the guy with the red strat. No feel but a good player. The guy with the V was just aweful and the guy with the black guitar sounded like an amateur.

Comment

I'm hoping this vid was just a bad day for him, but the comments I'm reading suggest not. Ouch! You could sorta tell it was him, but his phrasing and note selection was laughable. So many fallen heroes, and now Lynch too.

At least Nuno's back....
                  This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Im at work and am getting sonic-walled when I try to watch this, but comments like these are one of the reasons I let some of my "hibernating heroes" stay in their slumber.

Too many times I've went to a recent show, or purchased a new cd of one of my old faves, only to have my great, awesome memories of them skewed and twisted into new, painful ones.

It's very saddening, and almost foreboding to think that just because you get a little older, you can lose what many people consider to be your "essence" to the sands of time.

A lesson for everyone in them thoughts I guess, use it or lose it.

I do have to say, of all my fallen heroes, I'm still struggling with Queensryche. From "Queen of the Ryche" all the way to "Empire", (yes, I found some really good, albeit different-from-the-norm Ryche on that one). Promised Land, was showing signs of losing what made them who they were.
                    THEN I decide to go see them play "Hear in the now Frontier". I knew from the second I seen the giant ear stage prop, that it wasnt going to be what I came for. I had intentionally NOT purchased the album, so I could get my first impression from their live performace.
                    Queensryche will sadly, never be the same without DeGarmo in the mix. Sadly, he was the spirit of the band I think, Tate is just the voice of it.

Anyways, sorry to run off topic, just wanted to share my feelings on keeping up with past heroes of music, seems to me that in doing so, many times I've been disappointed.
                    www.myspace.com/madeaband
                    www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

In some parts, his playing reminded me of that Yngwie spoof youtube video.

Comment

Gus G is should be way better than he is shown in that video. It just sounded like an off day for ALL of those dudes.

Video del tema the fire and the fury del disco Burning Earth de Firewind...es instrumental, Gus G en todo su apogeo, disfrutad...STAY METAL!!!
                        www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

Originally posted by Chad
                          In some parts, his playing reminded me of that Yngwie spoof youtube video.
                          + 1000

or any solo in a Beastie Boys tune...

Dudes, throw Loomis and Broderick in that mix and watch them beat the pants off all of them..

I think guys like Pete, John, Shawn and myself and others here can seriously hang with George THESE days..I TRULY believe that, and come out lookig.. well OK..

Not with with the likes of Loomis tho...HELLLLLL nO!

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                            Really, what video were you watching..

I don't share that opinion..not at all...
                            I mean out of the 4 he was the best, they all were quite boring.
                            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

The two Japanese guys had great technique, but absolutely no soul, especially the guy with the red strat. I thought Gus G did a great job. He was clean, and played with alot of feel IMO.

I don't know how you guys can bag on George about his playing here. Sure, he hit a few duds, but his feel and note choice were awesome. The thing I like about George is how he plays "outside the box". Nothing he did was "stock" and I dig that.

You gotta remember too that those guys were improvising. IMO, George was taking the most chances, and it reflects in his lack of "cleanliness".

I can come up with okay stuff I guess if I sit down and analyze the progession I'm playing over, but I rely on box positions and pentatonic type licks when I'm improvising usually. The fact that those guys weren't doing that for the most part is enough to get props from me.

Comment

Working...
                              X