No announcement yet.

George Lynch Shred for the attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep.. Uli stands the test of time. Shredding since the 70's and currently he is better than ever and I bet he is in his mid 50's at least.

Comment

guys, this is totally ridiculous. back when that vid was posted for the first time, all you guys were raving about his kickass playing, and even bill commented on how he's getting back on his game....

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...ighlight=lynch

so, no need to start a shitstorm, right?

Comment

must be the roids!or the rumours he is a coke head are true?But i hear better players in my local pubs down here than what Geo is doing now!And that vid listed above from his REH vid rules!Thats is lynch at his best(and as he still should be!!)great expressive playing full of dynamic touches perfect tech and of course fucking sizzling vibrato!!

Comment

I always watch shred videos two times. Because when I watch them for the first time the shredding (if that's any good) impresses me even if the writing/the music isn't good.

5 minutes after the first watch, I watched this video again, and thought all those japanese guys suck so bad.

I never liked George Lynch's playing also, but at least he doesn't seem to be tryin to make "phrasing", while the others are and they just can't do that

One more thing I don't think George's tone suck that bad either...
          Check my bands!
          www.myspace.com/magicktr
          www.myspace.com/sinif64
          www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle
            guys, this is totally ridiculous. back when that vid was posted for the first time, all you guys were raving about his kickass playing, and even bill commented on how he's getting back on his game....

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...ighlight=lynch

so, no need to start a shitstorm, right?

I said the same thing in the other thread, not as "extreme"..but the message is clearly there..

shitstorm?..I intended no such thing..

I supported and worshipped Lynch when some of you wasn't even born yet.

I'm Just stating the OBVIOUS and the TRUTH..without blind loyalty!

No less ..no more..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

There is legit reasons why he's not in Dokken and it's not Don's doing.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I watched about half of that because I used to be a real big George fan but the wankery got to be too much. However it did remind me how much I loved that original song and album...I've heard Dragonforce and while I gotta give credit to those guys' technique, their stuff just bores the hell out of me. I'd rather listen to Back for the Attack than that stuff any day!

Comment

LOL hit the nail on the head!Reb fucking screamed with Dokken

Comment

You mean Reb still screams in Dokken..yes he's still playing with them..and he's absolutely flawless!!

Comment

Though Reb is an excellent guitar player, I was surprised to see that on the Whitesnake DVD, he rarely takes a solo. Most of the solos are played by Doug Aldrich, who of course is no slouch either.

Comment

I just saw Dokken June 30 with the Scorpions and Reb was not the guitar player. It was Jon Levin. Reb is with Whitesnake and Doug Aldrich plays all of the tough solos very similar to Sykes. For those of us who grew up seeing Dokken shows in the 80's, other than the solo album Up from the Ashes, Dokken went totally downhill IMHO after George left. I saw George in December 2005 at the Galaxy in OC and he was totally on! I couldn't believe he was still that good and he is almost 52 years old. Hopefully his problems(if he has them) are surmountable.

When I saw Don play with ULI(all three nights) at Ucla and the Scorps, his voice was shot. I was bummed. I always liked Don. When he came out on stage 2 weeks ago he was smoking and drinking. What singer thinks smoking is good for their voice? It was hideous(the singing). Jon Levin was good though. Played the material well. Scorpions were great and Rudi Schenker is like 58 years old, but looks and plays well. That's my take on this whole George/Don fiasco. Don should also stop making jokes about George in public, which he did at the ULI show in LA. It's not classy.

Comment

Reb is in WS. He recently filled in for the Unstripped tour b/c Kip Winger was also on the bill.

John Levin handles guitars for Dokken . . . . .

Comment

Exactly memberzonly..

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell
                              Though Reb is an excellent guitar player, I was surprised to see that on the Whitesnake DVD, he rarely takes a solo. Most of the solos are played by Doug Aldrich, who of course is no slouch either.
                              Really Steve, I didn't know that..Doug is incredible. I never saw the DVD, I would love to see that!!

Comment

Originally posted by memberzonly
                                Reb is in WS. He recently filled in for the Unstripped tour b/c Kip Winger was also on the bill.

John Levin handles guitars for Dokken . . . . .
                                Dokken played a private party here two weeks ago..Reb was playin'..

Comment

Working...
                                X