No announcement yet.

George Lynch Shred for the attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At first I thought the guy with the white V was Vinnie Vincent I thought George's tone represented him better than his playing. He was quite sloppy compared to the other guys who seemed to bring their B+/A game to Lynch's table.
    He can't be that tall ( he appears even with the Japanese guy to his left). I'm guessing he's 5' 10" 225 of muscle. College linebacker size. Protein diets and workouts can achieve that look. If he's on roids I ask for a refund. He should be bigger.

Comment

"At first I thought the guy with the white V was Vinnie Vincent"

me too..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

lol i am with you on Gilberts poppy tunes from the past bill!I like his voice and playing but the comps were to sickly sweet for me.Hopefully his instrumental will be evil and kick arse

Comment

Honestly, I could care less who won there. George wrote quite a few very kick ass albums and although he had kick ass chops there, it's all about the riffs.

Matt

Comment

they all sucked, listen to the Nightrage and Firewind albums to hear what Gus G is really like.

and as far as GL goes....

enough said

Comment

Originally posted by AtomicPunk
              I just saw Dokken June 30 with the Scorpions and Reb was not the guitar player. It was Jon Levin. Reb is with Whitesnake and Doug Aldrich plays all of the tough solos very similar to Sykes. For those of us who grew up seeing Dokken shows in the 80's, other than the solo album Up from the Ashes, Dokken went totally downhill IMHO after George left. I saw George in December 2005 at the Galaxy in OC and he was totally on! I couldn't believe he was still that good and he is almost 52 years old. Hopefully his problems(if he has them) are surmountable.

When I saw Don play with ULI(all three nights) at Ucla and the Scorps, his voice was shot. I was bummed. I always liked Don. When he came out on stage 2 weeks ago he was smoking and drinking. What singer thinks smoking is good for their voice? It was hideous(the singing). Jon Levin was good though. Played the material well. Scorpions were great and Rudi Schenker is like 58 years old, but looks and plays well. That's my take on this whole George/Don fiasco. Don should also stop making jokes about George in public, which he did at the ULI show in LA. It's not classy.
              I saw Lynch in Charlotte this past December 2005 also, and all I can say is he totally fucking killed! I'm dead ass serious, he was totally on fire. If I'm not mistaken he played like 24 shows in 30 days. The majority of the reviews I've heard from those shows were that he smoked.

Of course anyone can have an off night. I've heard that when Lynch is off, he totally blows chunks. I do wish someone had taped that Charlotte show, he hit it all and then some. Metaljunkie can chime in with his opinion of that show, or you can just read a couple of reviews of that tour in these threads.

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46102

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46505

Horns...do yourself a favor and get the Whitesnake DVD. Doug and Reb just flat out kill on it. It's one of the better DVDs I've purchased.

Comment

Originally posted by sully
                that said, he's in his 40s,
                ...Ol' George is 53 the months after next.

Comment

"just saw Dokken June 30 with the Scorpions and Reb was not the guitar player."

Reb was playing with them two weekends ago..maybe just for the gig.

So, I dunno..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I saw Scorps/Whitesnake/Dokken a couple years back and Reb had just left Dokken to tour with Whitesnake. I guess all he had to do was go down to the next dressing room.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                      "just saw Dokken June 30 with the Scorpions and Reb was not the guitar player."

Reb was playing with them two weekends ago..maybe just for the gig.

So, I dunno..
                      The Dokken gig with Scorps was a public show. The show you saw was private if I remember reading correctly. Do you know if he is going to or has played any public shows with Don? That would be cool to know. If I see that or him on the Dokken website as the GP then I'll agree with you. I don't see why Reb would leave WS for Dokken, WS gets better and bigger gigs.

Comment

Those guys playing with him, have no feel or as good a tone a George on this one. He does look like he is thinking too much and not just playing.

Comment

George all the way on that clip IMO . The mix isn't great and he hits a few bum notes but etc. but way more feel .

Oh and Reb was with Whitesnake on July 3rd in Liverpool , England .
                          Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

I haven't been here much lately...time to comment again!

I saw George in CO last December and I left halfway through his set. I actually felt embarrassed for him watching him play. His tone was horrendous...piercing high end and a flabby bottom...just terrible and noisy. His playing was very "out there" and disjointed. Overall it seemed as if he would rather be doing just about anything else.

I thought he sucked pretty bad on the video that started this thread as well...that is not the George that I idolized in the 80's (he was easily my biggest influence along with RR). His tone was better than when I recently saw him but still not great.

I have seen him about a half dozen times over the years and he was always awesome (except for the Monsters of Rock show in Pittsburgh). I wish I didn't go to that gig last winter so as not to see the decline he's suffered in both chops and tone. He was amazing in his day, but that day appears to be long gone.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe
                                I haven't been here much lately...time to comment again!

I saw George in CO last December and I left halfway through his set. I actually felt embarrassed for him watching him play. His tone was horrendous...piercing high end and a flabby bottom...just terrible and noisy. His playing was very "out there" and disjointed. Overall it seemed as if he would rather be doing just about anything else.

I thought he sucked pretty bad on the video that started this thread as well...that is not the George that I idolized in the 80's (he was easily my biggest influence along with RR). His tone was better than when I recently saw him but still not great.

I have seen him about a half dozen times over the years and he was always awesome (except for the Monsters of Rock show in Pittsburgh). I wish I didn't go to that gig last winter so as not to see the decline he's suffered in both chops and tone. He was amazing in his day, but that day appears to be long gone.
                                wow , and we were not even at the same show...ain't that somethin'..

yep , that was the show I saw to the T!!

Comment

Working...
                                X