No announcement yet.

George Lynch Shred for the attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw him last year in town at a billiards joint with Kelly Keeley on vocals and he was FLAWLESS with great tone and missed nothing.

The only sad thing was seeing him play for 50 people at a pool parlor.
    Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

• The Mars Volta, Outworld..who dat???

I'm not a fan of "Tool"...prolly just their name..

Maybe it's me that should get out more..musically speaking..

OK, I'll find some things that won't stray too far from OUR roots..I'm sure I can dig up or two..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• In my opinion:

Stylistically, Lynch was best. Technique-wise and in 2nd place stylistically, Takayoshi Ohmura was best. Both Gus G. & Syu were having off days (they sounded better as the jam went along but...).

Lynch wasn't really that bad as some of you are saying here though. In any case he was really on the night I saw him at the Starland Ballroom in NJ during the Yngwie/Lynch tour.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

• Originally posted by Robotechnology
          In my opinion:

Stylistically, Lynch was best. Technique-wise and in 2nd place stylistically, Takayoshi Ohmura was best. Both Gus G. & Syu were having off days (they sounded better as the jam went along but...).

Lynch wasn't really that bad as some of you are saying here though. In any case he was really on the night I saw him at the Starland Ballroom in NJ during the Yngwie/Lynch tour.
          Let's just agree to disagree on that one..

I haven't witnessed a "On" night in a very very long time..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• Well I may have been the biggest lynch fan in history back in the day. I was into the "sleek as a panther" kind of licks like you hear on Under Lock and Key. Sully feels about Lyunch how I feel about Randy R. SUlly didn't elaborate - I won't either but you get the idea of how much i like Lynch. Wicked sensation is his best work IMHO.

I just watched the whole thing - first video posted. It was hard. this is how I would have titled the video "Back for the Disaster", train-wreck, " lets all make as many wierd fuck faces as we can while playing shit that doesnt fit or make sense for the riff", "Look mom I am an tasteless speed freak " you ge the idea.

as far as Lynch's abilities on that vid. he seems to still have some chops but has lost the live improv edge. I am the same way. I couldnt improv my way out of a paper bag. You can hear him struggle. Also nothing fit the riff. The other guys were speed freaks also - it didnt help.

sorry guys...all i can say is I still llisten to some of Lynches older stuff and get chills. same with some EVH, Gary mooore, Jake, Warren and Tony Mac. But this aint doing it for me.

Not to worry I justed popped in my REH video cracked a nice diet A&W rootbeer and am going to relive the glory years. its all good. Glad there are folks that still like him and want to support his new stuff. I just can't. enjoy what you like, be happy.

Comment

• Tony Mac is sick..I love his Ring Of Fire stuff with Mark Boals...Planet X, Cab..anything he does..

Lynch KILLED on Tears of Sahara..

BTW..where did Greg Howe go..that guy is amazing..not much mention of him lately..

Hey, at least these guys had their time and inspired many..many of us anywhoo..

Comment

• u think greg howe is a giggin guitar player. Last I heard he was playing with some pop chick in her abnd I forget who. Gotta pay the bills....

Comment

• hey, Greg is around and kicking ass more than ever
                  he is so good right now that it's scary
                  he has tons of albums, he is doing tons of session work, a lot of touring etc.
                  I've heard he is working on a new one right now.

His album Extraction with Victor Wooten and Dennis Chambers brought tons of kids into fusion including my pal JC_Denton who is becoming a real gun slinger.
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• OH Extraction..I have all of his up to Ascend"..I love that one!!

I must get it..

My old friend Dave that took bass lessons from me played with Greg for a little while in PA..he got onto Mike Varney's Spotlight..In the Sept '88 isue..he's right next to Richie Kotzen..he's has a Cleveland Central Mucic shirt on..I actually played some stuff on the demo he sent to Varney and got a Carvin deal..That was my inroduction to Carvin..and I used Carvins since..

there's a local player hear named Buzz Johns that is friends and jams with Wooten..he's damn good, we hit it off immediately!!

Comment

• Greg Howe has relocated to So.Cal and is giving lessons at Tone Merchants in the city of Orange.

Comment

• Watching Lynch play in the intro of the reh video with the orange quilt top and Max at the boards is simply put, pricless. Love the segment and the one at the end of the video too where plays some melodic bluesy riffs, sweet.

I like and appreciate many players of different styles but my two favorites are...Lynch and Ed. Like many, their age is showing and their keeness is losing abit of its luster. Both have inspired alot of players, many at this forum. I take their good and bad days alike and still keep on keeping on with them. They are why I started playing and continue playing guitar. You either love them or hate, either way they got the chops to send many to the woodshed.
                        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predator1
                          Greg Howe has relocated to So.Cal and is giving lessons at Tone Merchants in the city of Orange.
                          ohhhh cool...he kills..!!!

Saw him live twice..super amazing!!

he a player that makes you feel like you suck..I hate that..and like it at the same time...

Yes, I would not be here without Ed's influenece..and I was a HUGe Lynch fan..as many are..

Comment

• Greg Howe may be the best guitarists that I ever saw live (at a small club, DJ Bananas, in his hometown of Allentown, PA). He was an absolute monster and nailed Eddie's tone and feel better than anyone else that I have ever seen try (they threw some VH into their set). That was just a cool bonus as his own stuff kicked ass...the whole band was awesome.
                            A friend of mine took lessons from him for awhile (he had them all on cassette tapes) and said he is a very cool, down to earth dude as well. One of the things that I remember from listening to the tapes is Greg talking about how great and under rated Mathias Jabs was, and mentioned that he couldn't even figure out or play the opening run to "Bad Boys Running Wild".

Comment

• His bro was sing right..and they did a KILLER version of Light Up the sky and Dance the night away..I remeber that very well..Barry Sparks..had a very off night with his bass solo..and when he was done..he went behind the stage a kicked the crap out of a garbage can..I was off to the side so I was laughing my ass off watching him..

You can tell he was very good..but I could see the things he was trying to do but it just didn't come out that well..

Comment

• Yeah, his brother was the singer (was his name Al?). He was like a black David Lee Roth...he kicked ass. They were wee little guys up close.

Comment

Working...
                                X