Quiet Riot 2006... Who's in the band?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiet Riot 2006... Who's in the band?

Quiet Riot is playing here on Friday. Who is in the band beside Dubrow and Frankie Banalli? I'll probably check it out anyway, but I'm curious who is playing guitar for them these days.

Neil Citron is current guitarist, although I have a hard time calling this band "Quiet Riot" without having Carlos in it. It's a good thing I saw them in Memphis with Carlos and Rudy a few years back in a local club (for $7). Surprisingly, they played very well. You would have thought that after not being on top of the world anymore they wouldn't care, but the playing was excellent.
    Just a guitar player...

Comment

I think carlos' brother is playing bass. I cant remember his name, I think he was in hurricane back in the 80s.
      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Yah, he was and before that both Carlos and Rudy Cavzo were in a Band called Snow. They used to play the clubs in LA back in the day. I think I still have their EP around here somewhere.

Comment

I just saw them about a month ago. While it was disappointing that Carlos isn't with them, they were very, very good. Dubrow sounded great.

Comment

Man, where is Carlos? I did a search on him and he sort of disappeared. Basking royalties?
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven
              I think carlos' brother is playing bass. I cant remember his name, I think he was in hurricane back in the 80s.
              Yeah, Hurricane was cool. Carlos' brother Tony played bass, and Rudy's Sarzo's brother Robert played guitar.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65
                Man, where is Carlos?
                Power Project is his new, uh, project....with Jeff Pilson & Vinny Appice

http://www.rockdetector.com/artist,66777.sm
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Cool, good for Carlos. At least he's still at it.

If you look on You Tube, there is a show from Quiet Riots Metal Health tour. The band sounds very good (DuBrow is a tool though ). You even get to hear Carlos performing Battle Axe.

Comment

Randy... Rhoads? hehe.

Comment

They are playing here in Saginaw Thursday night. One of the guys I work with, his girlfriend works at the bar, and we might be able to get in for free. If I can find a designated driver, I'll probably go even if I have to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                        Yeah, Hurricane was cool. Carlos' brother Tony played bass, and Rudy's Sarzo's brother Robert played guitar.
                        ...until he was replaced by Doug Aldrich.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

It was an okay show, nothing too special. Dubrow has alot of processing going on with his vocals. I could hear what sounded like a bit of pitch correction in there, and there was definitely some harmonizing going on too for the "choir boy" choruses that they have in a few of their songs. Also, his wireless mike kept cutting out. I was surprised to see that happen with a "pro" band. The guitar player stepped on his distortion a little early in "Thunderbird"... oops! The guitar player played most of the classic solos true to form, though he did use his wah alot ala Kirk Hammett... I hate that!

One thing is for sure... Frankie is a monster on the drums! I wish I could get a guy like that in my band.

Comment

Working...
                          X