• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey someone using a New Charvel live

In front of a huge fucking crowd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61a6o...0forget%20Live

not really using it to it's "full potential" though
    I can't believe this is the only "big Name" endorsee Charvel has gone after?

I'm guilty .................... I love this freaking tune, the studio version has such a brutal groove to it
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Check out the new Stone Sour when it comes out here shortly. Jim Root is a serious guitar player, he doesn't get much of a chance to show it in Slip Knot. I played in opposing bands from his in Des Moines, Iowa back in the early nineties, actually even hung out with him a couple of times. He is a serious shredder, hopefully he'll get an opportunity to show more of it on this next Stone Sour release.
    Good deals with:
    Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Here are 2 of Stone Sour's new songs/videos. Good shit.

http://music.aol.com/artist/stone-sour/532826/main?ncid=AOLMUS00050000000038#

Comment

the next stone sour release should be out soon.. end of august or somewhere around there. i realy like thir debut.

and damn i love that charvel!! sounds brutal.

though coreys vocals live SUCK.. especialy on such a song where there's a lot of fast line changes
        You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

i swear that if Slipknot wasnt so popular they wouldnt be nearly as hated by most real music fans. That band is stocked full of very talented musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
            though coreys vocals live SUCK.. especialy on such a song where there's a lot of fast line changes
            do you think he sounds bad in that video? He definitely used to be really bad live...and that was honestly probably my least favorite thing about the band. He's really worked on it though and every time I've seen them since Vol: 3 came out he's been much improved.

Comment

that stone_sour stuff is pretty good.
              "30/30 150 " could be a Slipknot song, but "Through glass" is definitely different.
              I like Coreys voice.
              I want to hear Jim Root play a solo in a song. I've seen him shred by himself , the boy can play,
              he needs to tune up back to nornal and show us what he's got (or get a seven string these B tunings are
              tough to solo in).
              Last edited by kmanick; 07-21-2006, 12:04 PM.

Comment

I picked up their first cd when it came out, loved it. I thought the second one, Iowa, was kind of lame. I still haven't gotten Vol. 3 yet, but I should pick it up soon.
                Anyone check out the Metallica Enter Sandman vid with Joey playing drums? I thought that was pretty neat. Maybe they finally got rid of Lars! :ROTF:
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Vol.3 and the Live Cd are the only ones I've heard so far. If I had never seen what they look like I could Probably get into them a bit more,
                  they do play really, really rowdy shit, and from what I've heard so far Joey is a freaking great drummer.

Comment

They really are a great band. I saw them live on the Tattoo the Earth tour a few years back at Giants Stadium. Though, it was weird because Slayer went on right before them, in daylight, which I thought was just wrong!
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Smallz
                      do you think he sounds bad in that video? He definitely used to be really bad live...and that was honestly probably my least favorite thing about the band. He's really worked on it though and every time I've seen them since Vol: 3 came out he's been much improved.
                      that, is true. when you compare the vids from a few years ago, to now, he has improved, but i think it still aint very much listenable..

jim's got a couple of solos on the stone sour album, but he aint realy letting it completely rip

man, joey is a SICK drummer.... but he should stick to drumming... cos the murderdolls REALY, REALY blow chunks
                      You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

The other guy plays the sicker solos on the first Stone Sour CD. Someone burnt me a copy of the new CD, and it's OK, but not as good, and there're no particular solos which jump out as being amazing....
                        Popular is not the same as good
                        Rare is not the same as valuable
                        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick
                          that stone_sour stuff is pretty good.
                          "30/30 150 " could be a Slipknot song, but "Through glass" is definitely different.
                          I like Coreys voice.
                          I want to hear Jim Root play a solo in a song. I've seen him shred by himself , the boy can play,
                          he needs to tune up back to nornal and show us what he's got (or get a seven string these B tunings are
                          tough to solo in).

Jim buys some gear at the same local shop I do. Funny thing is I was talking with the store owner and he said Jim has been buying a lot of old school type axes for his collection. I doubt Jim tunes those down to A#.

Corey got up with my band at a local club last winter and sang Run To the Hills, the guy has got a KILLER voice even though it doesn't shine on the Slipknot stuff. I have a video of it I suppose I should post sometime.

My favorite Corey story is one night I was a small local dive bar with some mutual friends. Corey came in for awhile to sing karakoe for my friends birthday party. He walks over to the book with the list of all the songs you can pick from and a few seconds later he's freaking out (in a good way).

He was yelling to our group "check it out, I made the book, I made the book". What he was excited about was that a Stone Sour song was in the Karaoke book with his name listed on it. It was pretty cool because he was genuinely excited, definitely no ego problems with that guy.
                          Last edited by Big D; 07-21-2006, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smallz
                            i swear that if Slipknot wasnt so popular they wouldnt be nearly as hated by most real music fans. That band is stocked full of very talented musicians.
                            it has nothing to do with being popular.
                            it's that the mask schtick and makeup schtick is so incredibly lame and stupid that it turns a lot of people off.
                            can you guess I'm one of the "turned off?"
                            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

He plays Charvels with the knot, but the new Stone Sour cd was done with a firebird and some other old guitar. I saw Ministry last month with Joey doing the drumming and he was awesome. The first SS disc was great and I will buy the new one as well. To bad they are on tour with Korn, dont think I will be catching that show.

Comment

Working...
                              X