No announcement yet.

Hey someone using a New Charvel live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw Stone Sour a few yrs back in Boston and they were damn good. A striking thing about Jim Rot is that he's freakin tall!! My bud and I were wondering who was going to use that mike stand when hey set it up since it was up so high. Plus, when he stands next to Corey he looks, well, even taller!, lol.
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

From the little bit at the start of this, you can tell Jim has some serious chops. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag5cV...rch=jim%20root

Comment

Originally posted by skorb
        it has nothing to do with being popular.
        it's that the mask schtick and makeup schtick is so incredibly lame and stupid that it turns a lot of people off.
        can you guess I'm one of the "turned off?"
        I wonder is this how our older brothers and sisters (and our parents) looked at KISS when they hit it big?
        I've been watching a bunch of their live clips on youtube.com lately
        (my daughter has the chicken pox so I've been stuck at home a lot)
        and they sure can whip a crowd into a frenzy. Intense craziness on stage.
        I personally don't go for the fast talking semi rapping type of vocals
        but they got some brutal grooves in some of their songs.
        I bet these guys can all play too ,if taken out of the "slipknot" bubble.
        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I'd rather look at Slipknot with their masks than half the guys that looked like chicks during the '80s! I just could never get past the glam image thing, even though a lot of the bands were decent. Those chicks from Poison were pretty, though.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Smallz
            i swear that if Slipknot wasnt so popular they wouldnt be nearly as hated by most real music fans. That band is stocked full of very talented musicians.
            Real music fans don´t hate a band just because they´re popular, but usually envious wannabes do

Comment

Working...
            X