Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullet for my Valentine

Haven't seen any threads, and I searched, so if this is "old news," and

I got "The Poison" and think it's very refreshing in the midst of all the emo stuff that's been surfacing lately. I noticed the frontman plays an RR. The arrangements on their songs are rather complex (Opeth-esque, in fact, not that they sound like Opeth). Lead playing is quite good, and they seem to know what they're doing. Anyone else feel the same way. So far, I'm in the minority here liking H.I.M. and Lilitu. Maybe third time will be the charm.
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

I personally prefer them over Trivium, by A LOT. That being said it's not exactly my kind of music and still too emoish to me, with the cliché melodic chorus playing and all that stuff, but I can definitly enjoy them from time to time.

And yes the Rhoads is killer slung that low.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I prefer Trivium to be honest. I find Trivium to be quite melodic even in their solos. BFMV sound like an average version of Trivium. But i'm not a big fan of either band.
      93 USA Soloist EDS
      USA HT6 Juggernaut
      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Okay, now I've got to check out Trivium.
        My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

saw them on kerrang and there not actualy that bad at all heard lots of trivium(my girl told me about them)and there great but a lil sloppy live in the lead guitar department.Good to see guitars back in the music scene where they belong up front and cranked to the max

Comment

Not my cup O' Joe..But I can listen to it...saw their vid on MTV last night...like the chick in the fishnets..

At least they are rockin'...so much better than that crap we had to endure from '91 to '02 ..that's for sure..guitars, amps, solos,chicks, cars..helloooooo that is Rock N' Roll..

not some fag wannabe booger scratching a fuckin' record ..making fart noises in their hands..I mean WTF was that all about???!!! :ROTF:
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bullet for my Valentine sound pretty good. At least the guy sings with some screaming. Trivium....great sounding band but they need a singer

Comment

matt heafy actually does some rad singing, i think.

i heard their cover of Master of Puppets for Kerrang's somethingorother and his vocal performance was really good, i thought.

Comment

I quite like both Trivium and Bullet, but I agree that the Matt's 'singing' in Trivium kind of spoils them for me.

Cool to see Jackson's being used by some up and coming bands, but yet again, Jackson have lost out on Trivium (to Dean), and what's the betting that the guy from Bullet will have an ESP like the other guitarist before the end of the year?
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I thought the Jackson rep posted something a while back saying that they were ironing out a deal with Bullet for my Valentine? They are labelmates with my friends Hopesfall, on Trustkill Records...

Comment

I think Bullet are the best band to come out of the UK for ages. I've read somewhere that they were all raised on Metallica, Testament and Maiden.
                      www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

yeahh esp might get in there,there cool guitars-fender/jackson need to get there arses in gear and sign up a lot of these bands.You cant beat metal and a jackson headstock,its a marrage made in hell

Comment

Originally posted by Speiro
                          I think Bullet are the best band to come out of the UK for ages. I've read somewhere that they were all raised on Metallica, Testament and Maiden.
                          Really, I'm sure that's true..but I didn't hear that inflence at all in that song...well that's just one song I heard..I'll keep an ear open for them..
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I like them, at least more than Trivium.... but I can´t say they´re anything new, there´s definitely a strong Old school Metallica "influence" to say the least...

But that´s not necessarily bad, because Old Metallica rocks... I´m just not too sure that recycling it is a real claim to fame. Doesn´t stop me from having the Poison on my MP3 player, though

BTW, judging by the newest video, it seems to me that ESPee has gotten dibs on at least one of them....

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                              Not my cup O' Joe..But I can listen to it...saw their vid on MTV last night...like the chick in the fishnets..

At least they are rockin'...so much better than that crap we had to endure from '91 to '02 ..that's for sure..guitars, amps, solos,chicks, cars..helloooooo that is Rock N' Roll..

not some fag wannabe booger scratching a fuckin' record ..making fart noises in their hands..I mean WTF was that all about???!!! :ROTF:
                              I agree with most of this but I actually like themm alot. I find this Cd refreshing. They have a great mix of 80's meets the 2000's.I hear over 20 years of metal in there songs. I think there guitar tone is excellent. I love the RR slung low. He kills me with his stances he does.
                              Funny I saw them in concert before I knew who they where. I went to see Iron Maiden and they opened up. I listened and at first I didn't like them as I don't care for Cookie monster singing but they add it in and it's not the standard in there songs. I can dig that. I can dig the anger behind it.
                              England dudes rockin, I'm cool with it. There is no other newer bands doing what they do. All the Metal bands that came out in the last few years I don't like.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X