John Sykes Crushing Solo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Sykes Crushing Solo

Here is John ripping off some heads in an extended solo with Whitesnake.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Man this guy is a monster!

chuck
    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Damnit...can't wait until I get home tonight...stupid work firewalled youtube

Comment

Here is a nice Blue Murder clip with even more Sykes shred...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

wow!

Comment

Sykes smokes..

I saw that tor in '87 when they opened for the MC "Girls girls girls" tour..but Viviam and Adrian were playing..they did OK..but I wanted to see Sykes man!!!

There was a lot of titties tho man..I think I saw about 203 titties..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
          There was a lot of titties tho man..I think I saw about 203 titties..
          You sure there weren't 204?

Comment

The Whitesnake video is supposedly from 84, before he split from Coverdale. He was asked if he would ever hook up with Coverdale again and he just laughed. He has to be one of the all time greatest players.

chuck

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell
              You sure there weren't 204?
              yes, could be..I lost count...but there was a sea of titties..it was quite a sight!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Damn, those videos make me want to get a Black Beauty...

Comment

John Sykes and Frank Marino are two of the most underated guitarists in the world!.............
                  Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Originally posted by Reverend Timmy
                    John Sykes and Frank Marino are two of the most underated guitarists in the world!.............
                    Man, we are so on the same page there..I always put those two together..

actually the combination of the two made Zakk what he is..he is a combo of those two, it's so obvious..IMO..

I saw Frank Marino two times..it would have been three time..but nobody showed up at the venue and decided to haul it back to Canada..

I emailed Frank about 8 years ago or so..before I had a PC, it was my sis's..he emailed me back..I told him that he is one of my all time faves and that I wished he released , Juggernaught, The power of Rock N' Roll and who's next on cd...I had the vinyl..but dumped the record player at the time.

Shortly afterwards a label called black rose released all three..and I bought them at 25 bucks a pop..

The only Marino cd I don't have is his first Maxoom..but that's OK..it was somewhat primitive I suppose..but still would like to have it to complete the collection.

Of course you would have to add Uli Roth to that list!!

Comment

Agreed,Horns!I met Frank when I was about 15 and he was a very humble and articulate guy,gave us tickets to his show and took the time to answer all my questions.A great day I will always remember........
                      Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

He's a class act and player!!!

He's buds with Uli now I hear..that is so cool!!

Comment

Sykes is amazing imo.

I went and saw that MC and WS tour Bill reffered too.
                          I left after WS finished, I didn't care to stick around to see MC.
                          Vivian and Vandenburg both had solos in the set, and thinking back I recall Vandenburg being the more polished player. Yeah, WS was the all-star band at that time, Tommy was top notch on drums and his solo was impressive too.

The sea of titties? WS was notorious for the gathering of women, MC too.
                          I had my wife with me on my shoulders.
                          We both rocked out to WS big time, to me and my wife WS was the show.
                          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Sykes Rules..I love his work with Thin Lizzy as well "Thunder and Lightning" is awesome..Tygers of Pan Tang too...he was rockin out just like that..tapping and all back in '79..

He still smokes..still has his chops together just like always..

I don't play covers much at all..but I do bust out some Cold Sweat on occassion..I still like to do that solo!!

John Sykes is the dude Zakk got his "pings" from..

Comment

hmm.. jelly roll, pastries, berliner, blondes in lingerie...those were the days.

Comment

Working...
                              X