Prince blazing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince blazing!

Damn, my man's a damn pro...http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fh8dYJWcs...rince%20guitar

He sounds great in that clip. Pretty tasty.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

The only problem, he's so arrogant as the video proves.
      To me, it wouldn't matter what he played his arrogance ruins him.
      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

That's been posted a few times before. He definitely does wale. However, I've come to the conclusion that he is an overrated, underrated guitarist. By that I mean that given the type of music he has mostly created, people don't expect him to play guitar as well as he does, so he is somewhat underrated. But some people take the "wow, I betcha didn't think Prince could play guitar this well" mentality overboard, which makes him somewhat overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Soap
          The only problem, he's so arrogant as the video proves.
          To me, it wouldn't matter what he played his arrogance ruins him.
          you must really love yngwie and michael angelo batio :ROTF:
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim
            you must really love yngwie and michael angelo batio :ROTF:
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

i love how the guy on the floor has to push him back up onstage after his big lean back...

the man can def. play the guitar, and is definitely a showman at heart.

Comment

I don't like Prince or the thing normally used to known ass $-*

He's Michael Jackson's and Jimi's secret freak baby ..Well Jimi was high and thought that lil' Mikey was another plaster caster or somethin'..ya know shit happends..

It was on the E channel..
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

i wish someone would pour gasoline over him and make him realy blazeHe is a funky MF'r who has wriiten loads of great songs and can play a million instruments well,but i dont like his lead lines one lil bit! i do like his chord voices and ryth-but that was painfull having to watch that youtube clip!Vinnie Moore plays that tune how it should sound

Comment

Gee, why isn't he playing that weird Prince symbol guitar?
                    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Originally posted by followthereaper
                      Gee, why isn't he playing that weird Prince symbol guitar?
                      Maybe he joined the church of Scientology..he loos the type..

I'll stick to the Vinnie Moore version....that guy's a flaming freak of nature!

He makes my penis invert..very disturbing to look at!!

I wanna beat him up..I do!!
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

thanks for posting that! i think he made the guitar gently weep, then tell that chick what a dirty whore she is and demand his albums back.
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

The ending solo in "Let's go crazy" and the solo in "Computer blue", both on the Purple Rain album, showcase his shredability more.

I saw Prince when he was still "The Artist Formerly..." at the MCI center in DC (with Chaka Khan opening). He didn't play guitar at that show, but the guitarist in his band was smokin'. He was a big black guy who played blazing pentatonic riffs a la Zakk Wylde.
                          Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

I thought Prince did a great job here, and as mentioned, he understands that playing live is more than just playing... its about showmanship as well.

Speaking of Vinnie, I've been listening to Defying Gravity alot lately... good stuff!

Comment

He is a decent guitarist but an exceptional musician in my opinion. I've seen him live several times at the Quest in Minneapolis and the guy is really impressive live. He's a little flakey, and from what I understand can be a real prick, but I respect him as a musician.
                              Good deals with:
                              Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Working...
                              X