No announcement yet.

Prince blazing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't care what anyone syas... the man has got skills and a shitload of talent.
    He's more than earned the right to be a bit weird.
    And one-on-one, he's not arrogant. He's actualy a very reserved person.
    He just knows how to turn it on when he is performing.

Prince is a true entertainer. Not like the lazy fucks who just stand there and play... I paid for a show... give me a show. Move around or something.
    I pay good money to go to concerts and if all the band does is stand around and jam, regardless of how good they play, I feel ripped off. Half the time I can't tell the band from the road crew.
    I miss big concerts with a shitload of lights, cool scenery, and a band that puts on a true show.
    -Rick

Comment

while my yngwie gently sweeps...

I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I think that was kick assed. Much better than the john Sykes video someone posted the other day. They guy has soo much feeling in his playing it's jaw dropping. I may be biast because I'm from Minnesota, but he kicks ass.
        H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
          He's Michael Jackson's and Jimi's secret freak baby
          holy shit, that about sums it up perfectly.

i think in todays rock (not metal) there is not a single band that wouldnt benefit from having prince as their guitarist.
          You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell

Speaking of Vinnie, I've been listening to Defying Gravity alot lately... good stuff!
            Get The Maze if you don't already have it. IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I've seen this a few times. the end sounds like he's just blistering away on trills. then walks off stage. a friend of mine was praising this video saying he showed clapton and all the other guys there that he is king. LOL to which of course i laughed out loud. My old boss when i was at MGR used to work for Prince in Minnesota as his warehouse mgr etc... He said one day he wa sin the warhouse checkin things out and heard some on eplaying guitar. He first thought it was one of the roadies trying to play that couldnt but then looked into the room and it was Prince. Maybe hewa swaisted or somehting but the guys guitar skills dont impress me. His song writing and his musicainship yes. But his guitar playing? not so much.
              Gil

Comment

Here's where Prince got all that from.

Parliament-Funkadelic live:

Michael Hampton and Gary Shider trading off solos on "Cosmic Slop" (this was the concert intro in 1979--love the stage props on this one!)
                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Eddie Hazel playing the solo to "Standing On The Verge of Getting It On"

Michael Hampton going nuts on "Red Hot Momma"
                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                Last edited by pro-fusion; 08-16-2006, 11:13 PM.

Comment

I think he looked alot like a cross between jimi and SRV in motions and actions on stage, just the facial looks and body movments reminded me of both of them.

As to musicianship, i am not a hater like some people on this board, the guy can play, he is a good musician that can write good catchy tunes that sell and when he wants he can jam on a guitar.

I wouldnt go calling him king of guitar, or that he would spank clapton, but he can keep up with them and he deserves respect.

As to him being weird, well alot of musicians i know are weird or way out there, part of the gig. Actually it seems the weirder you are the more creative you are!

Comment

Working...
                  X