Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Halen Tribute Band

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qG0eKARJ5...0for%20teacher

I thought this was pretty neat? Has it been posted already? Play just as well maybe even better than Old Van Halen

If I just heard the sound clip I would think it was really VH.

The Atomic Punks. Big VH Tribute band.

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Impressive.
      -Rick

Comment

Atomic Punks

I seen those guys play in Scottsdale,AZ one time. The singer has the David Lee Roth schtick down to a tee, and the guitar player sounded like Eddie Jr. If you like old VH, go see these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse Called War
          I seen those guys play in Scottsdale,AZ one time. The singer has the David Lee Roth schtick down to a tee, and the guitar player sounded like Eddie Jr. If you like old VH, go see these guys.
          +1...I've seen them out here in Vegas several times. They do strictly Roth era stuff and are really impressive. The singer (Ralph is his name..haha) is funny as shit.
          Good deals with:
          Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

I posted thier link in another thread somewhere around here
            They have it down pretty well, eh !?!

Comment

That signer NAILS DLR, it's perfect.

I find it weird that the bass player and drummer aren't "in costume". What's with that?

Comment

Russ Parish has got the classic Ed tone, sound, vibe, feel thing down.
                Go to their (Atomic Punk's) web site and watch the video of unchained.
                If you closed your eyes and wiped the thought out of your mind you were listening to atomic punks, you'd swear you were listening to VH.
                IMO, they are that good.
                Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I'm with Soap. The 'Punks do an awesome job! I wish they would come out the Midwest sometime. It seems like most of their shows are in Cali/Nevada/Arizona.

As a side note, it looks like Russ Parrish left the band. They've got another guy on their site now.

Comment

That freakin' rocked! Cheers for posting that

Comment

I have something that I would LOVE to give all of you..it's a DVD of my ol VH tribute band..

Valeries Revenge..later changed to Virtual Halen..

In '96 our singer auditioned for VH..reason rejected "too much like Dave"..it made local music papers. He actually sent them their instrumental "Baluchithrium" on Balance..took that to the studo he worked at and wrote lyrics and put vocals on that song..it came out outstanding..they actually paid Rich decently for his words and vocals..

Dave's agent contacted us in late '96 and wanted us to come to Buffulo to do a show..we all had jobs, I was a cop..so we couldn't just up and leave..I sure couldn't.

So he was going to come here and do a show with us as a back up..$5000 for Dave and $1000 for us..of course we would've done it for free..hell yeah!!!

That fell by the way side ..he did his DLR not even a year later and it BOMBED..which sucks, because it's a pretty good cd IMO!!

we break up because my wife got very sick and my drummer divorced, let go from a great job and bailed to Florida..where he scored big time..with a multi-millon dollar hottie..good for him!!

Dave emerged later with the Atomik Punks..another tribute... Bass, Drums and vocal wise we were superior to them..our "Ed" is a excellent player..but was never comfortable in front of people..so he trainwrecked often..never at practice tho...he's one timid dude. He later joined John's Paradox and did the same thing..STELLAR at practice..total trainwreck live.

I have a DVD..the only one I have..I would like to copy it and send it to my buds and VH fans here..it's pretty cool..the audio is good...but my wife's bro was holding the camera..he was born with a peanut in his head..he's a bit "soft"..

If any of my bros here wants to make copies...PM me..I only have one original DVD taken from the VHS tape..

I was gonna give it to John ..so he could post my bass solo..we'll get around to that whenever I guess..

The AP guitarist is a GREAT player..that's how my dude sounded like at every practice..it was at the shows when he always choked..it was hilarious to me whenever he did..I loved it..it was very funny!!:ROTF:

We did the whole "Diver Down tour "show"..The 50 speakers backdrop..the black and white huge drum kit, my beard and mullet and no sleeves ever, Tony and his striped jumped suite and home-made Frankentien and Rich was SPOT on in looks , sound and antics of Dave..it's on the vid.

lots of girls liked us too..that's also on the vid..
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Tommy..Rich..Mike...anyone???

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I watched the vid with the wife...we watched it twice..Hell, That was good..

Their Ed looks and acts much better than ours..ours looked like Alice Cooper/Mick Mars..a VERY sad Eddie indeed..but IS just as good..he could do Ed NOW!!

Their Singer looks more like Dave, but Rich nails him a little better...he's had the screams really pegged!!

I kill their Michael..but I kill the real Michael..he looks good tho..but so did I..

That drummer..well..he played it right..that's about it..no tricked out kit or costume.. that looked lame..

I posted MP3 demos a while ago on the old board (you guys loved them)..John may still have them..somewhere.

That stuff got old fast..we made LOTS of money..but I kinda miss it..

It's close..both bands have some strengths and weak areas.as described..John went to alot of show..I dunno..

Comment

Originally posted by Soap
                            Russ Parish has got the classic Ed tone, sound, vibe, feel thing down.
                            Go to their (Atomic Punk's) web site and watch the video of unchained.
                            If you closed your eyes and wiped the thought out of your mind you were listening to atomic punks, you'd swear you were listening to VH.
                            IMO, they are that good.
                            Unchained:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmVjG...atomic%20punks

Alvin
                            MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

I think the guitar player also plays in the comedy glam band Metal Skool. I saw them once and he's a sick player. he can cop all the licks from the main 80's shredders.
                              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                              X