• Show
Clear All

Here's Bills band Virtual Halen...

http://clevelandmetalzone.com/mp3/doctor.mp3

http://clevelandmetalzone.com/mp3/dance.mp3

http://clevelandmetalzone.com/mp3/i'mtheone.mp3

Comment

Oh boy thanks John..

But ya can't listen to them while eating brown M&Ms..!!!!

that crap was tossed together live in a hour..Billy Morris (Warrant) recorded that promo for free..whatta U want?!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Fuck YEAHHHHHHHHHHH...Fuck Atomik Punks..

That's VAN FUCKING HALEN!!!!!!

They are B+...maybe!!!!

My shit's a FUGGIN' A...and many years before the likes of them!!!!!
        Eat that..EAT THAT!!!

..waite 'till I post the vid!!!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I feel like I'm in that parking lot Steel Dragon fight in .."Rockstar"..

That shit is live and off the cuff..Tony just dubbed his tap harms in DTNA..but it couldn't be more live than that!!

recorded Jan '96..well over 10 years ago..yeesh..that long already..

Comment

I saw a video somewhere, I think it was at one of those House of Blues, where Michael Anthony played a set with the Atomic Punks. It was really neat.
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Bill, that;s almost almost a bummer of a story, but I'm sure you had fun doing it. You guy's sound great. I can hear ya holding the top of the vocals, almost soprano like
              They do sound good. Was that a live set or in the studio?
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Yeah, I saw that video, the one with michael Anthony and it's very cool to watch. You could tell Mike was enjoying it and the crowd was loving and eating it up as well. Good fun stuff.

Bill...?
                PM me and let me know what I need to do or have to get a copy of your Virtual Halen on DVD. I'd like to have a copy. I'm a huge and forever will be a fan of the old classic VH. I always have a genuine(spelled wrong)appreciation and respect for anyone playing any of ED's tunes, with the intention to learn them right and sound decent at it. Whether their part of tribute, or gigging regularly and its a VH tune part of the set list, or just a home player. Ed's stuff isn't exactly easy stuff to nail. To me, the guitar and the whole VH vibe thing is about fun. When it becomes to much like work, its time to put it down and walk away for awhile.
                Send me a PM I want a copy, dude.
                Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65
                  Bill, that;s almost almost a bummer of a story, but I'm sure you had fun doing it. You guy's sound great. I can hear ya holding the top of the vocals, almost soprano like
                  They do sound good. Was that a live set or in the studio?
                  Yes ..sometimes I felt VERY gay...but yes..it was fun...that's Tony (guitar) the "sad" eddie on those backups on DTNA..he even sounds very sad..it's terrible

and thank you..

Oh, Rich tried out for Halen exactly when our bud Tim Owens got the gig with Preist and he was a "sound-a-alike"..sorta..and he got the gig because he's the "Ripper...he did a great job..good guy!!!!"..

He used to come to ALL of our shows with his girl in Canton ..where he lived..He was a HUGE fan.

Oh and we were voted the Number #1 VH tribute in '96 in their fan mag called "The insider"

Ed was PISSED of our name Valerie's Revenge, we were told..so we changed it to that gay name..Virtual Halen..I wanted to with Fair Warning or some shit..

from 93-95 there were popular VH tribs here like Canada's Van Walin and a band called 5150..but we literally ran them out of Ohio...we always drew a good crowd..and they always drank like nuts..so we always got a "tip"..and free booze....I was always Jaggered th F up..then puke in the parking lots..then go to work in the morning still drunk..

The biggest show we ever had was in Sandusky Ohio..a Beatle trib called 1964 opened for us...WOW..they were AWESOME..and I'm not a big Beatles fan..but they really did it to perfection..as we did!!

Besides Tony's stagefright trainwrecks.. :ROTF:

The whole band was in tears once when Tony took his solo on the wrong presets..he had the "cathedral" on for Eruption and visa versa..it was the BEST trainwreck I ever saw in my life...the panic and fear on his face was priceless...I couldn't beathe, I almost threw up from laughing while drunk..I still laugh when I think about it..

I'm singing on SGMAD and I'm the one..that little midle part was always fun..I do the "shooby dooby dooby do wah"..That's my part..

We had about 50 VH tunes down..we just had an hour to pick three at random..and we do a Original that sounds like VH..That I loathed..which broke up the freindship between Tony and I..He was so insulted that I hated that song..I didn't post that one...people seemed to like it tho..I hated it..still do..

Billy forgot to mic the cowbell for the intro to DTNA..I dunno..something went wrong there..

It's NOT "perfect but we just threw it down live..so what you hear on that tape is exactly what we sounded like live..and better...sometimes worse!!
                  Last edited by horns666; 07-29-2006, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Soap
                    Yeah, I saw that video, the one with michael Anthony and it's very cool to watch. You could tell Mike was enjoying it and the crowd was loving and eating it up as well. Good fun stuff.

Bill...?
                    PM me and let me know what I need to do or have to get a copy of your Virtual Halen on DVD. I'd like to have a copy. I'm a huge and forever will be a fan of the old classic VH. I always have a genuine(spelled wrong)appreciation and respect for anyone playing any of ED's tunes, with the intention to learn them right and sound decent at it. Whether their part of tribute, or gigging regularly and its a VH tune part of the set list, or just a home player. Ed's stuff isn't exactly easy stuff to nail. To me, the guitar and the whole VH vibe thing is about fun. When it becomes to much like work, its time to put it down and walk away for awhile.
                    Send me a PM I want a copy, dude.
                    Dude can I thrust you like my own flesh and blood..something tells me I can..reason is, That is the only live footage I have..it was our 2nd or 3rd gig on that thing..we got polished the two and a half years we carried on..

We even had T-shirts made..about 50..

I have a couple..if you do this for me..I'll give you one..

Can you edit a couple tunes..my bro-in law F'd up on a few like DOA and On Fire...but half our set is on there..quite a few tunes..prolly 25 or so..

I want to send them to Tommy, Mike , Jimmy B, You, Rich and all the VH nuts here..I really think you'll like it!!!

I gotta bail for now, hangin' with my boy..I'll PM ya tomorrow..
                    Last edited by horns666; 07-30-2006, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Soap..I'll also send you more of our shit..the full promo demo has five songs on it..two originals..one Rich is all by himself with his acoustic..he sounds just like Dave on that one..a song called .."Angels"..

Comment

Hey, very cool indeed man.
                        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Me and ralph

Also Bill"s tribute band fucking blows the punks off the sxtage, I still listen to those tracks from the 1st time he put them up 3 years ago
                          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Thanks Donnie..in fact I just listened to those two original VH sound-a-like songs..they both could be actual VH songs no prob..

I should post those..even tho I hate the one..I play some cool bass stuff on it tho..pulled some tricks from Sheehan's bag on that one..

It's called "Both sides of the tracks"..I bet you guys would love it..imagine what VH would sound like if they had Dave back and they were on their game..the vocals are stellar..and that was the only one we actually layered and tracked..all professional like..

Don..when I get copies..you are getting the Vid and the whole demo!!!

Comment

BTW..that's a JMP-1 into a Peavey 120/120 on that..

Comment

BTW..I'm highjacking this thread..

It's now the "Virtual Halen" thread..cuz. we smoke 'em..their good..but we smoke 'em..so there.

Comment

Working...
                                X