No announcement yet.

Van Halen Tribute Band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill, your VH tribute stuff is very, very good! I wouldn't say that it is better than the Punks though... it is about even in my book.

You need to get some of that video posted.

Comment

Steve..All of us were equally good..not them..

You gotta see the DVD!!!..

I KNOW we kicked the punks ass..The drums are OK, the vocals are OK, not closed to Rich, the bass is lame, don't even ask..Their guitarist is about equal I would say that much..

Ya gotta remember.. we actually did this since we were 13 (1978)...it just naturally blossomed into a "tribute" without effort.

that was a live basment tape..think of how VH would sound down there..I have a shitload of their tapes, demos and bootlegs...I dunno..???

C'mon man..gimme the kudos..our singer KILLS that dude..!!..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That singer wouldn't even get close to an audition..mine did!!

Dave heard us..Ed heard of us because of the name..and our singer's voice!!
        Last edited by horns666; 07-30-2006, 02:09 AM.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

You guys definitely captured the vibe, and the playing is very good. I can't find fault with any of it, so don't take it the wrong way. I love old VH, so if you guys were playing around here, I'd probably be at every show.

The Punks are very good though too... you can't deny that.

Comment

Russ Parish is the dude that played guitar in Rob Halford's band "Fight" back in the 90's. I think he's a GIT dude or something. The guy that he replaced in the Atomic Punks was actually better than him. David Lee Roth snagged him away from the Punks a couple of years ago when he went out on tour. No idea if he's still with him but that guy was sick. Played the coolest version of Eruption I've ever heard.
            Good deals with:
            Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

No, they are good..but as a whole we were better..

yes, you would be at alot of shows..

They would be more equal with me and my singer and if they put on a more "authentic" show..that looks like Bob Saget on drums..and not nearly as good as Scott, who did a Rush tribute as well "Vital Signs"!!

OK, I'll get John to post a vid..too bad it was a small club with a tiny stage..the drums took up half of it..but we still threw down hard!!

The guiatrists are pretty even..I would have to see much more..I seen and had enough of mine..

pssssst..besides you're supposed to cheer for your brothers on the JCF...

even if they kinda suck..ya know..

Comment

What song would you guys want me to post..??

Umm ..Hot for Teacher..

But their stage was huge and filmed all cool and stuff, not fair!!..but that's OK..you'll see!!

Comment

Cleveland John can vouch for Tony..he basically knew us since we were 16 years old..

You know what kind of player John is..he's the shit!!!

You want Criss Oliva''s ghost..look no further!!!!

John does Criss better than both these players do Ed and that is NO shit!!!!

Comment

Dance the night Away was and excellent cover. could have fooled me.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie_van_earache
                      Dance the night Away was and excellent cover. could have fooled me.
                      Thanks man..Billy somehow lost the cowbell at the intro..but it's OK..we did better stuff..

All that was on our first try..so it's really no biggie for us..we did that stuff for so long..it's just natural as breathin'

I used to learn about ten songs a night..in a couple hours..it wasn't much of a challenge ..but they let me step out for a solo..to showcase my chops.. I really enjoyed that, they didn't want me to do a noisely Mike bass solo..they wanted me to do my solo..so I did it..it was fun..I never really played it the same way twice..so I just went out and winged it. !

I was always completely shitfaced .. Big Time!!!!!
                      Last edited by horns666; 07-30-2006, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Bill's tribute VH stuff is some of the best I have ever heard. Really quality stuff.

Mike
                        Last edited by MBreinin; 07-30-2006, 02:24 PM.
                        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Thank you Mike..we did that for a long time..I want to send you the goods..both demo/DVD..

I need copies made..Soap said he can make them..maybe there a place around here to do that cheap..I'll check into it..

Comment

You guys freakin' ripped, Bill. Respect.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Kabong
                              You guys freakin' ripped, Bill. Respect.
                              Thanks man..

That was another place in time..playing Michael Anthony the way I look now would be just plain creepy..

Comment

You were more creepy then by todays standards my bro...

Comment

Working...
                                X