Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRV and Beck!

Stevie Ray and Jeff trading licks.
    So, do you reckon it's gonna be any good?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEiMIMH0HRg

Originally posted by Snoogans
    Stevie Ray and Jeff trading licks.
    So, do you reckon it's gonna be any good?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEiMIMH0HRg

That was cool !!!!!

Here another one next to it, Stevie with Jeff Healy;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KJ_5nuVgt8&mode=related&search=
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

srv rules. thats just it.

Comment

Gave me chills.
        Thats what its all about...two legends having fun with each other.
        Way cool, awesome indeed.
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

What about the SRV & Jeff Healey video link on the same page? That was cool.
          Just one more guitar!

Comment

Damn I miss SRV. The greatest blues picker ever. Seeing him at Jazz Fest the year he died was one of my favorite experiences. What a show, what a talent, what a person...what a loss.

R.I.P., SRV.

Mike
            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I saw that SRV & Jeff Beck tour back in '88, it was quite a show. Despite growing up in Austin and having seen him a few times prior, I wasn't really into him until that particular concert. Something about his playing at that show really caught my ear, and I've been a huge fan since.

Comment

I'm a big fan of Beck..but Steve dominated in that fucker...wow!!

dude was on 10!!!
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                  I'm a big fan of Beck..but Steve dominated in that fucker...wow!!

dude was on 10!!!
                  I'm with ya horns. I'm a big fan of both but Stevie was tearing it up on this! I remember them touring in 89/90 during my senior year of H.S. and I didn't go. Of course, we know what happened a few months later and I've been kicking myself in the ass ever since.
                  Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Beck was awfull but steve stamped his authority all over that stage!He realy was a great blues guitarist

Comment

That friggin killed !! SRV wiped up Beck though...
                      The other one with Healey and SRV, Healey just tore it up and i thought it was better than Stevies at first but then about a 1/3 of the way in he went off and it was all over. Healey was friggin awesome though, holy shit !
                      Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Cool videos. I never get sick of watching Jeff Healey play. Or SRV for that matter. It's awesome how Healey can rip it up like he does with his unusual technique.

Comment

Very cool. Always loved how Beck plays without a pick!
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yes, SRV "tore it up." However, the song was more suited for his style and both he and Beck knew it. That's why Beck was content on playing rhythm. To me, it would be no different if you put Page an Vai on stage. You'd get the same results.
                            "POOP"

Comment

I didn't think Beck sucked.
                              Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Working...
                              X