No announcement yet.

Andy Timmons EarX-tacy - Simply genius!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Timmons EarX-tacy - Simply genius!

Holy shit! This album is amazing. Cry for you, Hiroshima, Electric Gypsy. The songs are pure emotion. The tone is incredible. I guess the tone comes from his hands. The phrasing is also genius. I wish I could see this guy playing live. Anyway, another reason for playing guitar. Truly inspirational!

yeah, I have it and EarX-tacy 2...he came along way since Danger Danger..

Was diggin' on Michael Lee Firkins 1st album just the other day..he had the DLR gig right after Jason had to bail..

too bad that never surfaced..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I saw Andy perform the encore with Satch and Eric Johnson recently in Dallas and they were all phenomenal!

Comment

Andy is amazing!and Lee firkins is shit hot too!I bought his REH vid after i heard laughing stacks that was given away on a flexy record in a guitar mag

Comment

Originally posted by jjw
          Andy is amazing!and Lee firkins is shit hot too!I bought his REH vid after i heard laughing stacks that was given away on a flexy record in a guitar mag
          ''

doesn't he soud like he plays slide on that stuff...no slide at all..pretty damn good..I would liked to seen him with Dave..he was endorsed by Yamaha Pacificas and was listed as DLR player..shortly after Jason had to bail because of LGS..poor guy.

but Nirvana came out and put the kabosh on all things awesome!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I remember an Interview with Andy and he was so intimidated by Vai is was crazy..I think dude could hold his own these days..Vai may have lit a fire under his ass!!

well he's on his FN label, so that's cool!!!

Comment

Andy pisses all over vai imo-I think andy has better musical chops and tone.Steve rules with DLR but i have never liked his solo stuff or whitesnake stuffFirkins would have ruled with DLR!yeahh bill its all whammy bar slides with country 6ths ect and capo use in some songs,i learnt a lot from watching his video countless times and the way he plays arp shapes is the way i play them(sliding into other shapes)Yeahh i was looking forward to becker on A Lil Aint Enough but he had it bad by then-wasnt the firestorm guitar orgy i was expecting(and hoping for)I can remember CC Deville was recording Flesh and Blood in the next studio and at that time he was saying DLR needed two guitarists to play his stuff(one for the fast and one for the bendy soulfull stuff!!lol)and thats why he choose to do swampthang(his piss poor acoustic instrumental on the album)as he had class and didnt have to shred 64th notes all the time

but then Richie Kotzen joined Poison and did his acoustic thang..lol..and made CC look a muppet

Comment

Yeah!

I have all of Andy's work (including danger danger, etc etc) I love it ALL! He is one of the most tasteful players ever, imo.
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I can't listen to his solo stuff a lot because it's kinda boring, he is an awsome player but the tunes behind the solos remind me some houswives bands.
                  That being said, I'm a huge fan of Danger Danger, ass kicking tunes and lyrics about banging chicks, that's what I like.
                  Last edited by Endrik; 08-10-2006, 11:44 AM.
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by robzila
                    I saw Andy perform the encore with Satch and Eric Johnson recently in Dallas and they were all phenomenal!

Yeah, and how the FUCK did I miss that???

d'oh!!!

Comment

Andy is one of my fav's as well (I haven't heard the new CD yet but I'm sue I will soon enough).
                      Firkins???????WTF ever happenned to that guy. I love his 1rst CD, and his instructional Video has some great stuff on it.
                      what a waste of god given talent
                      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Saw him live 2x with Danger Danger back in the day and he was incredible.

Comment

Saw him at the Mesa Boogie booth at NAMM. Recorded video, Brad (xxx) posted some of it on YouTube.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

That vid was yours?
                            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Yeah. Just looked. Brad posted two videos. In the shorter one, you can hear Brad talking to his wife. They're so-so quality, but it was the first outing with a new camera.
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X