Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hail to the new KING of shred..Jeff Loomis!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rats in the Cellar and Toys in the Attic..

That's Aerosmith!!

As much as I loved that stuff..it's old!

and I'm old..and very very high!!

That old stuff just reminds me how old I am..I hate that!!

That's like my dad listening to Elvis..Ok now I'm old, high and depressed..

Thanks for making me feel vintage E!!!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

you are welcome Bill
      I'm just listening to "Sweet Emotion" what an amazing song, it is good to bang some chickies when you hear that one.

I think that 80's hairband songs don't sound "gay"
      What makes the band sound "gay" or "cheesy"?
      You got 80's bands who are singing about banging babes, that is definetly not gay and they got tons of groupies wich is the opposite of gayness.
      Now let's take those new underground metal bands, some of them are singing about dragons, zombies, dead animals and politics, that is cheesy to me.
      Also they don't have any groupies, so that is as gay as it gets.

Songwriting wise I think 80's bands were also better because they had tons of HOOKS. Cheesy keyboards or not but that is an arragement and production "cheesyness" not songwriting.
      If you want to analyze a song then just take the chord progression/riff and the main melody and play it on piano. You have to strip down to the most basic part - the idea. Take 80's and new UG metal song, and play them on the piano, now wich one sounds better as a strong kickass song idea?
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

No, Not ALL 80's bands sound gay..

but some of them sure do sound dated..man I got a plenty of dated shit...and very GAY shit I must sell.!!

Soon as you hear "handclaps" and casio keys or electronic drums..sounding like Miami Vice or a Rocky soundtrack..GAY!!

Leg warmers and stripped belly shirts on dudes..IS gay!!

Ever hear of Big Mouth with Chris Caffery..that's GAY..

Or Chrome Molly...GAY GAY GAY!!

Force with Hank Sherman..GAY!!

Autograph...GAY with a good guitar player that actually wore leg warmers and a belly shirt!!:ROTF:

Poison, Warrant, Slaughter, Pretty Boy Floyd ..all that crap..GAY then GAYER now..GAY GAY GAY!!

Winger..so GAY that the dork Stuart of Beavis and Butthead wore the shirt as a symbol of universal gaydom..Reb is cool tho..he needed the dough..

King Kobra's second album GAY.. Mark Free of that band is a Marcie and he had a heavy beard and schlong..so that prooves me 100% correct of Gayus Maximus in the 1st degreeus...seeus!

BTW..John and I went to see Judas Preist when Ripper was in the band and Enuff Z Nuff opened..I swear by the end of the second song I had the urge to suggadick...I couldn't take no more the crowd almost broke out into a riot..who in the Fuck booked that gig!!:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Wearing lipstick, and leg warmers with belly shirts with blue eye shadow with teased hair to the moon..in day glo spandex to match their guitars is GAY..NOT metal..never was..never will be..it is what KILLED ''METAL''..stabbed it in the fuggin' metal heart!!!

I mean What the fucking fuck man...dudes wern't even stuffing the pants back in the day..they were stuffing their bras..could you look more like a chick please..it is so hot...NOT!!

When I first seen the first Poison album cover I wanted to fuck all those chicks..that is not right..and whatnots..

No I do not want to fuck a CC DeVille..and I want to hear him even less..

See I told ya I was all high..you got me all nuts now..

Lots of 80's bands were not gay tho..Savatage wasn't gay..see..

BUT their vid to HOTMK was GAY..see, they have to hook you with the gayness somehow!!

Just ask Jani Lane if he thought he was gay..he wants to shoot himself..that's how gay..the dude looks like a frog..a fat GAY frog!!

Oh my..my Ambien is wearing off I think..all this Gayness sucked the ambien right outta me..
        Last edited by horns666; 08-16-2006, 03:02 AM.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Don't you DARE diss Miami Vice!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
            Don't you DARE diss Miami Vice!
            Well I can't diss what I never saw a once..The song man..I mean the song!!

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
              Just ask Jani Lane if he thought he was gay..he wants to shoot himself..that's how gay..the dude looks like a frog..a fat GAY frog!!
              Quote from some interview I can't recall who with:

- Remember Warrant?
              - Yeah!
              - What was the name of that chick in the video of Cherry Pie?
              - Jani Lane!

Back on topic, I had never listened to Nevermore and someone told me that my band sounded a bit like them, so I grabbed a copy of Dreaming Neon Black, then I realised "hey it's the guys from Sanctuary, and some kid that looks 16"

Yeah, you can hear all the influences in the NM sound, but what makes that band so exiting is the unique vocal style and the creativity in Jeff's playing, as well as those monster chops!. It's also refreshing to hear that he is such a down to earth guy. I'd love to have the chance to just talk to Jeff and listen to what he has to say. You are a lucky guy Bill.
              I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I don't think Communic try to be NM at all, their latest album Waves Of Visual Decay is totally awesome in its own right.

Comment

Originally posted by axeman81
                  I don't think Communic try to be NM at all, their latest album Waves Of Visual Decay is totally awesome in its own right.
                  wow, you don't hear the pretty blatant Warrell-isms and vorcal harms in "Conspiracy of mind"..I actually like band quite a bit but always picked up on some NM nuances is all..prolly just influeneve bleeding thru..I;m good for that.

I like it. I didn't know that had a new one out..cool that's going on my list this month, They prolly honed their stuff as they go..that's a often..I must see!!

Thanks for the heads up..Are they still on Nuclear Blast..??

------------------------

Levatin, what's up man. It was awesome getting to know Jeff and the dudes. Very funny dudes..I have some silly stupid NM stories..once in their bus when they shared it with Arch Enemy..fucking hilarious..my fellow cop bud was with me and Warrel well asking us for something not befitting of a cop..so we pulled are shit on him and freaked him out for a second..that was cool..Then Jeff was showing us the room in the back of the bus and they have to draw straws or some shit because it's th only room with a door..so he opens it..and Jonah Liva is in there gettin' a hummer..and he bellows.."Get the fuck outta here"..and it sounds just like burning bridges and I said ..is that Liva..Jeff goes yeah..I said he sounds just like the fuggin' record...and once Alexi Laiho was being a tool with me for some shit..and Loomis came out ..after whoopin total ass all night..and yells to Bill the fuggin' law..I shout there's the fucking man...and snubbed off Alexi Ai-ho..he's really good but he was a tool when I met him..and I had to catch Roope from falling on his ass about five time..finally I propped him up on the bus or tried ..he fell..

Jeff is the shit man..I feel privedged to hand with the dude..

Oh.. I was drinkin' with Jim Sheppard and Mike Amott for a couple hours and made Mike spew beer out his nose..that was kwel..

Bill

Comment

COB = gay, Alexi waring an eyeliner GAY

Arch Enemy = gay, chick trying to sound like a man GAY

black metal bands = gay, wearing make-up GAY, leather clothes GAY, not having any groupies GAY

Judas Priest = the singer is just GAY

shall I continue?
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

btw. about 2000 chicks sucked Kip Winger's dick, I would look like him in '89 to feel the same gloryness, looking like a chick is a small price to get all those babes sucking you off.

And Reb is back in Winger because he really likes that band, and their new album will be out in fall www.rebbeach.com
                      Last edited by Endrik; 08-16-2006, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik
                        COB = gay, Alexi waring an eyeliner GAY

Arch Enemy = gay, chick trying to sound like a man GAY

black metal bands = gay, wearing make-up GAY, leather clothes GAY, not having any groupies GAY

Judas Priest = the singer is just GAY

shall I continue?
                        I thought you were talking about bands SOUNDING gay. Once the sleazy look of Motley Crue caught on, most of the bands you are defending were wearing eyeliner (and lipstick, fishnets, mum's suspenders). GAY, apparently, only when Laiho does it.

Most of these bands were guys dressing in women's clothes. Check out early pictures, even Dokken were wearing women's blouses. More GAY, I would suggest, than a chick trying to sound like a guy.

Once upon a time, most metal bands wore leather. Accept? Iron Maiden? Judas Priest? Yea, we know Rob is gay, but the rest of the band?

So please, continue your weak arguments about how the above death/black/heavy metal bands SOUND gay.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik
                          btw. about 2000 chicks sucked Kip Winger's dick, I would look like him in '89 to feel the same gloryness, looking like a chick is a small price to get all those babes sucking you off.
                          From some of your posts here, I thought you already were. Getting your wang syphoned regularly, that is, not looking like a chick. So it sounds like you don't need to look like Kip to get all the action you can cope with.
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

dude, I'm nowhere near 2000, you have to be a rockstar to score that high.

So I'm confused, are we talkin' about lookin or sounding "gay"
                            A lot of my fav. bands looked "gay" a lot of UG metal bands look like "gay"

Now sounding like "gay"
                            as I said, 80's bands are anthitesis of gayness because of their songs are about banging chicks.
                            UG metal bands sing about dragons and dead animals, that's gay to me.
                            Cookie monster vocals sound gay because it's sounds like some dude has a dick in his throat.
                            Everything that is black metal sounds gay, because it doesn't sound like music at all
                            Last edited by Endrik; 08-16-2006, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Well, Endrik..I think you are confusing Gay with Lame. I don't think Black Metal or Cookie Monster vocals sound Gay...just incredibly Lame. I think Wham sounds Gay, Culture Club sounds Gay.

Leather was the standard for metal, yeah Halford brought it out of fetish shops and leather fag bars into metal, but EVERYONE rode that pony. Spikes, Studs and Leather WAS metal...and everyone wore it.

Makeup is the glam side of metal. At the core of Hair Metal was always this very fine line between the sexes..androgyny in most respects. Just the fashion of the time. When Alexi wears eyeliner I don't think Gay, I think theatrics. When Alice Cooper wears makeup, do you think it is Gay, or is it Theatre?

Mike
                              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Horns,

I'm one of the 80's hangers, just can't get into the new, darker, less melodic sound (but that's just my point of view, not that it's right...)

Anyway, after watching the vid clip that started this thread, I can see the fire your talking about in Loomis. Just wondering though how you think he matches up to Paul Gilbert?

I still think the early Racer X stuff (especially with Bruce) is still the most amazing, inspiring shred i've ever heard.

Interested in your thoughts...

Comment

Working...
                                X