Dokken Live/Beast from the East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dokken Live/Beast from the East

Does anyone know which guitars George lynch was using during that period and which pickups he would have had in those guitars.

ESP Kami's from the pics I saw in the liner notes. Not sure if the Screamin' Demon was out yet, but otherwise it would have been a Duncan Distortion.

Comment

It was most likely various Kami's with Duncan Distortion pups. The Screamin' Demon didn't come out until '90 or '91. While we're on the subject of Beast from the East, was there ever a video release? I would like to see a good live vid of Lynch in action. I got that Live in Japan '95 one, but it's not very good. George and Don are off that night and neither seem to care.
      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

The early Kami's, and his Kramer metallic tiger. Back then - he was using Duncan Distortions...

Comment

Check this nice little link out
          http://www.georgelynch.com/rigs/liverigs/liverigs.html
          www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Great link.....Thanks

Comment

actually if i remember right that was the tour right before lynch left and i remember in an interview he said during that whole tour he felt like kicking Don off the stage because he hated him so much.

I think i also read that the shows really sucked and they dubbed alot of parts to that live CD back in the recording studio because it was so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1
                Does anyone know which guitars George lynch was using during that period?
                You can bet your ass it wasn't a nine pound camo.
                "POOP"

Comment

well I saw them in 86 opening for Priest's Turbo tour, and then again at Monsters of Rock (USA version) in 88. they smoked both times, just great shows. from 88 I remember the kamikaze, Mr. Scary, and a couple of bengal charvels.

but yeah I know even then things weren't cool and Beast from the East was the end of that band, too bad.
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

The CD I have of this release shows Lynch playing a bengal ESP (hockey stick Headstock).
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

he played cheap Arias at one time..
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

but didnt we all, i still got my aria pro II cardinal series Double Cut, stripped down, but will get back together, nice set neck guitar.

Originally posted by horns666
                        he played cheap Arias at one time..

Comment

i think he also used that Bones/Mom/J. Frog guitar, as said by that above lynch link, and its in the liner pics from that album.

absolutely kick ass album. in my dreams, breaking the chains, dream warriors, tooth and nail...

he killed.

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14
                            but didnt we all, i still got my aria pro II cardinal series Double Cut, stripped down, but will get back together, nice set neck guitar.
                            I never played one..ceratinly seen them around tho..

I played a bass at the store..I remeber Michael Anthony playing one too..
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb
                              well I saw them in 86 opening for Priest's Turbo tour, and then again at Monsters of Rock (USA version) in 88. they smoked both times, just great shows. from 88 I remember the kamikaze, Mr. Scary, and a couple of bengal charvels.

but yeah I know even then things weren't cool and Beast from the East was the end of that band, too bad.
                              I went to both those tours. Lynch Kicked ass. I also saw Lynch Mob in 89 I believe.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X