X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This makes me want a Gorilla amp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxq0xvSJojw

Damn. Mattias Eklundh going at it.

I thought he was using a Laney, and then it pans over.

He's using a damn GORILLA amp. . .with one of these though it:

http://www.kgbamplification.com/en/p...tubeoverdrive/

Kick ass demonstration...

EDIT: he does have a WAH pedal on the floor.
    Last edited by rjohnstone; 08-18-2006, 04:42 PM.
    -Rick

Comment

I had a small 15 watt Gorilla Tube Crunch amp back in the late 80's. I got it when I got my first Model 2 in 87 or 88. I wish I still had that little thing.

Alvin
      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

I didn't like it...sounds like a gerbel being held hostage in a gay man's colon..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Uh, how do YOU know, Bill?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hahaha!! Amazing.. See, lots of guys buy "signature" gear at hundreds of dollars.. I don't know ifthey think that will make them sound like their heroes.. But if you wanna sound like Eklundh did here, I guess you'd have to buy a Gorilla amp at 2 euros then? I'm laughing my ass off here, that was way cool dude
            "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
              Uh, how do YOU know, Bill?
              It was a episode on South Park..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

So why are those Caparisons so damn expensive? They sound good and all, but a Japanese guitar that costs as much, if not more than a USA Jackson and has pretty much the same features as a dinky.
                EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Caparisons aren't bad if you buy them from a Japanese dealer. Its just that the US dealers jack up the price.

And. . they're VERY nice guitars. I really want one, because. . I am a shameless Mattias fanboy

Comment

The first time I seen Caparisons was the Amott Bros..Then I noticed more dudes playing them. Mike Amott plays that crappy lookin' ESP V now..called "the Ninja?"

I never played a Caparison or seen one in person..are they cool, and how much are they..on the average..w/floyd.

Nobody stocks them around here and they haven't surfaced in the MF / AMS mail orders either..

I'm curious..

Comment

sounds like Mr Fast Finger

http://www.guitarshredshow.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson
                        I had a small 15 watt Gorilla Tube Crunch amp back in the late 80's. I got it when I got my first Model 2 in 87 or 88. I wish I still had that little thing.

Alvin
                        That was my first amp, in like '86 or '87. I left it at an ex-friend's house about 4 years ago, it was sounding pretty staticy and nasty, more nasty than it used to, from all the years of abuse. LOL I took lessons around '87 or '88 from Mike Romeo (Symphony X) and he actually made it sound god-like!
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone
                          Kick ass demonstration...

EDIT: he does have a WAH pedal on the floor.
                          Sounds like a Whammy pedal.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

My first amp was a Gorilla!
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

My first amp was also a Gorilla.

I remember the slogan on the back of the speaker..........."Nothing Screams Like A Gorilla!"

What a piece of crap that was.

Comment

Working...
                              X