This makes me want a Gorilla amp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by horns666
    I thought so too long ago..trust me ..no ya haven't..and I KNOW this!
    I want PROOF!!!!

those players who you mentioned don't do anything NEW to my years.

I want to hear some specific piece of music of a NEW lick or chord progression or technique or whatever.

Everytime I hear something NEW I'll give you 10$
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

This is GOD playing..he's old..but his playing didn't wither with time..like alot of has beens.

the epitome of feel, articulation and melody!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e507...elated&search=
      hey I love Uli, he certanly did NEW music 30 years ago
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik
        I want PROOF!!!!

those players who you mentioned don't do anything NEW to my years.

I want to hear some specific piece of music of a NEW lick or chord progression or technique or whatever.

Everytime I hear something NEW I'll give you 10$
        E my brotha, I know you.. you're already convinced that there hasn't been any innovations or breakthroughs in shred since 1988..

it's like debating religion with a preist..why bother..

I gave you some names..the only research you'll do is listen to them for 30 seconds..maybe. You haven't followed the scene man..your scene is almost two decades cold..

your there(where I was)..I'm here (where you're not)..that's fact.

Nothing wrong with that if your happy..but what was good to me then..is old and tired now..

except for this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e507...related&search=
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

hey I love Uli, he certanly did NEW music 30 years ago
          See excatly my point..you can't see past the nose on your face about this stuff..

For one Uli's skill level didn't stagnate since 1979 ..that is not a Scorpions song..it's stuff he never played 30 years ago, or couldn't..he designed that guitiar so that he could..he has a 7 string version..before Vai designed his I believe, that's "Innovation" from an old fart..that song is about 5/6 years old..not 30..

What did Ed innovate since 1980..let's see..oh the D-tuna and chops much worse than a juiced up Lynch..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I gave you some names..the only research you'll do is listen to them for 30 seconds..maybe. You haven't followed the scene man
            Bill, no I don't listen that stuff just for 30 seconds. I listen to the whole albums.

I followed the "scene" (jesus I hate that fucking word) 2-3 years ago, I tried to listen to every guitar player on the planet. I did tons of research about NEW guys. Hey they have great technique but they don't play anything new.

Comment

Uli played something NEW on a one of a kind guitar that he designed ..I don't hear or see other players doing THAT stuff on THAT guitar..I didn't hear a strat doing "speedy's coming"..

where's my $10!!!

Comment

dude, we are talkin' about the new guys

Comment

dude, we are talkin' about the new guys
                  There's a bunch on my thread somewhere..all over..it'll hold ya over for a while..

Dude, you like TNT right..check out Magnus Karlsson..he's in Starbreaker with Tony Harnell..I like it better than the last couple TNT releases..that dude is off the hook..

Comment

This is GOD playing..he's old..but his playing didn't wither with time..like alot of has beens.

the epitome of feel, articulation and melody!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e507...elated&search=
                    Man, what an Yngwie clone

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaga
                      Man, what an Yngwie clone
                      I don't know about that man.. Even when Roth was playing with the Scorpions in 73 (and a few years before that I guess to) he always had a "virtuose" touch to his playing.. He always had something special in is playing, never afraid of going new ways and trying out new things.
                      Sure, he's eccentric.. But I've always admired his playing. He seems like a guy who knows his guitar, some of the stuff he plays without looking at the guitar (and it's got 36 frets I believe) I couldn't even dream of pulling off on a normal guitar.

EDIT: Crap, the link I put up didn't work.. Anyway, check out "Sails Of Charon" on youtube.. It's with the Scorpions back in the 70's and shows he doesn't need a 7-string guitar with 36 frets to impress
                      Last edited by Guitardude86; 08-20-2006, 01:50 PM.
                      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

I think Mattias is very unique. His use of harmonics and phrasing are so different and thats what really sets him apart.

You need to listen to his actual SONGS (I highly recommend the Freak Guitar album)

His feel, tone, note choice is VERY unique. I really dig it.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86
                          I don't know about that man.. Even when Roth was playing with the Scorpions in 73 (and a few years before that I guess to) he always had a "virtuose" touch to his playing.. He always had something special in is playing, never afraid of going new ways and trying out new things.
                          Sure, he's eccentric.. But I've always admired his playing. He seems like a guy who knows his guitar, some of the stuff he plays without looking at the guitar (and it's got 36 frets I believe) I couldn't even dream of pulling off on a normal guitar.

EDIT: Crap, the link I put up didn't work.. Anyway, check out "Sails Of Charon" on youtube.. It's with the Scorpions back in the 70's and shows he doesn't need a 7-string guitar with 36 frets to impress
                          HAhahahahahahaha!!!

Hey GuitarDude.. I was just bustin Bills balls about Uli cause he is all ways talkin about him as being GOD, but Uli does nothing for me at all! Oh yeah almost forgot,
                          Fuck you Bill... I love you!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaga
                            HAhahahahahahaha!!!

Hey GuitarDude.. I was just bustin Bills balls about Uli cause he is all ways talkin about him as being GOD, but Uli does nothing for me at all! Oh yeah almost forgot,
                            Fuck you Bill... I love you!!!!
                            I love you too..but I'm tellin' Uli..he's gonna shove that big ol' blue jewel on his Sky geetar up your hiney..I think that thing has magic powers..why is it there..huh...why...it's a blue jewel..and it's big..

I have two blue jewels..I blame the wife..I'd like to shove them in her hiney..but she won't let me..she's scared!

Comment

There wouldn't be a Lars Lannerback (Yngwie) if it wern't for the Ulinator.."Rising Force" is the name of the artwork on Uli's first solo album earthquake..

I saw Yngwie live..I really enjoyed the ten minutes Jorn Lande got to sing..the rest was one big ..hey look at me 45 minute guitar lick..while Jorne was flipping him off behind his amps..

Nice!!

Comment

Well, I just ordered the pedal that Mattias used in the video.

AMT Electronics Fatal Tube Distortion.

http://www.pedalspluseffectswarehous..._p/amt-ft1.htm

$114. . .not bad.

We shall see how this thing sounds in a week or so. I'll be sure to post a review thread, and possibly some soundclips, since I will have my PreSonus Firepod soon, and I'll be able to make GOOD recordings for once. I have a good feeling that this little box is going to RIP!

EDIT: Hmm, now it says "Out of Stock" must have grabbed the last one they had. Its a small siberian company, so its not surprising that they dont have hundreds of them in piles.

If anyone else is interested, here's a link to some more Dealers around the world: (since I just snagged their last one )
                                http://www.amtnorthamerica.com/usdealers/price.html
                                Last edited by nonamemx; 08-22-2006, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X