No announcement yet.

This makes me want a Gorilla amp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that would be a wammy for sure, guy is funny and pretty good on guitar. If you listen he is using some russian distortion pedel.

Comment

I actually got mine out of the loft the other day and put my MP-1 through it as I needed to try it out and don't have a cab here at the moment, it sounded bloody awful
      www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

My first set up was a hondo with the silver and black EVH paint job and a Gorilla. I tried to do a Cliff Burton and played a bass through it. After that it was never the same. Not the best amp in the world, but for the cost they are awesome starters.

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14
          that would be a wammy for sure, guy is funny and pretty good on guitar. If you listen he is using some russian distortion pedel.

Its not a whammy, those are all harmonics, he's got all the natural harmonics memorised and mastered, its crazy. Usually, he just plugs straight into a Laney VH100R, TT100R stack or a VC50 combo, and the only effects he uses is a Dunlop Wah.

Unless. . .he's traveling abroad (he's in France in this video) and he'll use that russian pedal into a gorilla, which sounds crazy good for what it is. But other than that, no effects/tricks, he prides himself of doing everything with his hands. Few people sound that fluid without delay or reverb backing them up, he's absolutely incredible. He does have a couple of toys that he holds up to the guitar, such as his toy cell phone, but thats just for weird misc. noises.

Comment

Look all you high rollers talking about your first Gorilla amp! Nobody remembers the rebadged Gorillas sold under the name "RAM," that was my first amp.
            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

my first amp was a little crate practice amp, had that for about a year then moved up to a randall RG-100 2x12 which was my amp for a long time.

Comment

I still have my Gorilla! A GG-65. Not a bad little amp actually. Years ago, I ran my Model 3 into it with an MXR distortion pedal and a Dunlop Wah. The tone was very similar to Dave Murray's on Piece Of Mind.

The amp fell of a small table years back and has never sounded right since. There's no visible damagew to the circuit board, so I'm thinking a capacitor or something fell off. One day I'll rip-er apart and get it going again, just for fun.
                THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

as if american guitars are the alpha and omega of guitars. expand your horizons a bit, lol

Originally posted by drockilles
                  So why are those Caparisons so damn expensive? They sound good and all, but a Japanese guitar that costs as much, if not more than a USA Jackson and has pretty much the same features as a dinky.
                  1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Eklundh is the new king of shred
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik
                      Eklundh is the new king of shred
                      He's really good..nothing I haven't heard years ago in writing style, nothing "new" ..in the sea of Varney Shrapnel players..

I don't like his tone..and I heard crazier stuff such as Spastic Ink and Hadji's Kitchen..amoung others.

Joey Taffola, Greg Howe, Tony MacAlpine, Frank Gambale, Jason Becker, Freidman, Gilbert, Vai, Cooley, Vinnie Moore, Batio, Saraceno, Michael Lee Firkens, James Murphy, Buckethead and Satch covered this kind of instrumental ground already..and then some ..IMO

New kings belong in something more cutting edge..stuff not yet explored...

although quite the player he's not breaking any new ground IMO..not that I heard so far..

For the new breed I gotta go Loomis, Magnus Karlsson, Herman Li, Chris Broderick, Tore Otbsy, Mike Romeo, Olaf Lenk and the like..but that's just me..
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill are you kidding me, Loomis plays the same shit that Yngwie or Gilbert did. Mattias is like Vai/Zappa experimental guy.

what doesLoomis or Karlsson or Lenk play that Mattias couldn't do?

Now the other way, Loomis or Karlsson etc. couldn't even dream of doing so "out of the box" stuff that Mattias did on Freak Kitchen stuff. They are so regular are in the box. Eklundh's playing has tons of more nuances than the other new guys who focus on scales and arpeggios.
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                          New kings belong in something more cutting edge..stuff not yet explored...
                          there is NOTHING more to explore, it is impossible!!! I've heard everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik
                            there is NOTHING more to explore, it is impossible!!! I've heard everything.
                            I thought so too long ago..trust me ..no ya haven't..and I KNOW this!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzsaww
                              as if american guitars are the alpha and omega of guitars. expand your horizons a bit, lol
                              I'm wasn't trying to knock imports, sorry if I came off that way. I know a USA stamp doesnt mean everything, I just don't see any special features on these guitars that would set their price that high (but I also don't get why LPs will run you 3000+, so what do I know? ) I guess it just comes down to supply and demand/marketing, whatever. All guitars seem a bit pricey these days. I paid 1200 for my KE-1 7 years ago, I bet I'd probably pay close to double that today.
                              EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

This is GOD playing..he's old..but his playing didn't wither with time..like alot of has beens.

the epitome of feel, articulation and melody!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e507...related&search=

Comment

Working...
                                X