Melodic Metal Soloists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newer bands? Melodic metal players? Your question say's it all
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

um

MARTY FRIEDMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
      www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

You just reminded me Rusty Cooley! Hometown boy!
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Newer bands?
          Don't see much melodic from the new gunners.
          Probably have to say more current works from Vai, Petrucci, Vivian Campbell pre Leppard, John Sykes, Andy Timmons, Reb Beach, Doug Aldrich.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick
            what about marcel Coenen?
            I personally love the way this guy plays, very melodic , yet still kicks ass!
            http://www.marcelcoenen.com
            the the Guitartalk link to guitar nine and check out the clips, "Independence day" is one of my favorites.

I was going to recommend Marcel as well Good choice

Comment

Though not modern, listen to Michael Schenker and Uli Jon Roth. Both play very melodically, and don't let their ability to light it up (both can do it with the best of them) get in the way of writing memorable, melodic solos.

Most if not all of the modern neo classical shred guys that play melodically are an extension of both Schenker and Roth... and Ritchie Blackmore as well.

Comment

well, I could've mentioned some of my old faves that fit the bill, like Moore, Sykes, Campbell, Schenker, Aldrich, DeMartini, et al. but since the question was about newer bands I figured DCZX would be familiar with all those guys already
                Hail yesterday

Comment

If you can't find primo examples of melodic metal soloing in Michael Schenker's work with UFO and MSG, you ain't looking hard enough.
                  "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65
                    You just reminded me Rusty Cooley! Hometown boy!
                    texas shredders unite!!!
                    www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

Rusty Cooley is one of my heroes, don't get me wrong. I own shred guitar manifesto and his album. =) The only problem is that I don't really think he sounds that melodic, except on his "dark matter" track. The rest of it sounds too much like arp runs.

I'm going to check out Nevermore someone mentioned, along with several others, including Michael Schenker.
                      Last edited by DCZX; 08-19-2006, 12:25 PM.

Comment

I can't believe he doesn't get more attention.
                        marcel is a great player.

Originally posted by mab8485
                        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by mab8485
                          I never realised people around the world have heard of Marcel Coenen.. I had some guitarlessosns from him Very nice guy
                          "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Really? GuitarTalk kicks ass, what a great CD!
                            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

How about the often overlooked James Murphy? One of the few "death metal" guitarists that actually uses melodic solos instead of the typical atonal speed pick anywhere, use some bar, etc. Convergence and Feeding the Machine are two great solo albums also.
                              EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65
                                Newer bands? Melodic metal players? Your question say's it all
                                Right, well only a couple mentioned some "newer" players and bands..most players mentioned so far, although quite good are 2-3 decades cold..why not make it 5 decades ..Bill Haley and the Comets..or Elivis's Scotty Moore.

What kind of music do you prefer..what genres do you like..there is plenty of great players in all..help me narrow it down..so at least it will be a pleasant listen for you..

Bill

BTW James Murphy is awesome.
                                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                                X