Melodic Metal Soloists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bengal65
    You just reminded me Rusty Cooley! Hometown boy!
    I hope it's a joke cause Rusty sucks.... exellent technic but nothin' melodic what he play ist'nt music je just playing everything we want from the chromatic scale...

Friedman is melodic...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTs4p6t7jMI

Comment

You want to talk OLD standards..heres one..my fave!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e507...related&search=
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Anyone here like Joe Stump? Very Malmsteen-esque, but still heavy and for me quite melodic.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86
          Michael Schenker is a GOD - I worship the guy! Makes me wanna buy a flying V just to get some feel of what it's like when he's playing those amazing songs.. Love it!
          Dito Dude!!
          Schenker's Da Man!!!

Comment

Originally posted by iced_earth
            Anyone here like Joe Stump? Very Malmsteen-esque, but still heavy and for me quite melodic.
            Poor Joe..I love the dude..he came to Cleveland approx 4 years ago..when shred was still "dead"..John and I went to see him..there was 10 people in the place including Joe and his band..he played for 5 people basically..Then he came to the first BW & BK show to see Eidolon.

WE got to get to know Joe..super cool bro..his favrorite player is Olaf Lenk of At Vance..and is good friends with Glen Drover of Megadeth/ Eidolon who John and I also got to know..He played his old plexi but had a Savage 120 there for stand by..his band just consisted of kids basically..they were pretty decent..not top notch..

His "reign of terror" stuff with Mike Vescera is my fave..I got all four ..a couple are Japanese only but worth it..I like it better than his instrumental stuff..because it the whole package..

We were comparing silver jewlery..we are both bif fans of that!!

One cool thing was his fire and enthusiasm of his performance..even tho there was only a few people there he player as if it was a crowded stadium..!!

Joe Stumps rocks!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by MSGfan
              Dito Dude!!
              Schenker's Da Man!!!
              Get "Legends of Rock" with Uli and Mike..Uli invites UFO and rocks the fuck out with Mike on a few of their tunes..listening to Uli and Mike trade off is a pleasure !!

I only have the audio cd..the DVD versiopn is PAL only..bummer

Comment

For me UFOs "Strangers In The Night" will always be Schenkers definite rockstar moment. Greatest live album ever in my opinion.. It has everything
                "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86
                  For me UFOs "Strangers In The Night" will always be Schenkers definite rockstar moment. Greatest live album ever in my opinion.. It has everything
                  Had it on last night..the remastered extended edition...most of that stuff was recorded in Cleveland (public hall) back in '77...COOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by dusty_saturn
                    I hope it's a joke cause Rusty sucks.... exellent technic but nothin' melodic what he play ist'nt music je just playing everything we want from the chromatic scale...

Friedman is melodic...
                    rusty does NOT suck. Hes a great player, and a great teacher as well.
                    www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

Marcel Coenen
                      Mattias Eklundh
                      Alexi Laiho
                      Dan Fastuca
                      Jeff Loomis
                      Andy Timmons
                      Chris Webb and Jamie Hunt (Biomechanical)
                      93 USA Soloist EDS
                      USA HT6 Juggernaut
                      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

The word "suck" gets thrown around here way too much for good players..I think

SUCK is warranted if you're referring to anything remotely mainstream for the last 15 years or so..there is plenty of suckage that is valid..ummm..lincoln Park, Limp Biscuit, Korn, Creed, Kid Rock, Shitvana, Rage against the Machine the list is endless for true suckage IMO!!!

Comment

I can't believe nobody answered the original question. You're looking for new melodic metal with great soloing? The answer is obvious:

DragonForce !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one else comes close IMO. There are a lot of others that are similar and also very good but they are the best.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                            The word "suck" gets thrown around here way too much for good players..I think

SUCK is warranted if you're referring to anything remotely mainstream for the last 15 years or so..there is plenty of suckage that is valid..ummm..lincoln Park, Limp Biscuit, Korn, Creed, Kid Rock, Shitvana, Rage against the Machine the list is endless for true suckage IMO!!!
                            you make so much sense its not even funny.
                            www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy
                              I can't believe nobody answered the original question. You're looking for new melodic metal with great soloing? The answer is obvious:

DragonForce !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one else comes close IMO. There are a lot of others that are similar and also very good but they are the best.
                              Herman Li and Dragonforce is amazing..but nothing new to me ..for I bought their first one when it came out..I love the playing..I'm still trying to look beyond the "upbeat" writing style..

It's working..it's growing on me more and more..

Comment

Chris Bennet from widow
                                www.myspace.com/widow
                                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
                                X