No announcement yet.

Deicide - The stench of redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAAAAAAAAAAILLLLLLLLLL SAAAAAAAAAAATANNNNNNNNNAaahhhhhh arhhhhhgg....

That silly bastid is a "Satanist"..he was calling King Diamond a fag in a interview for believing in the "wrong" Satanism..
    How fuggin' silly!!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Dude, what does your sig say?..

can I be the ..whhaaa...who dat??

I know it's Nevermore..

I love you!!

Bill Z Bubbles

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'm sorry Bill that type of vocal ruins otherwise , to me anyway, kick ass playing and some decent compositions. I just can't listen to it.
        and ya , my sig is from "Engines of Hate" .
        guilty as charged.
        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Kind of a new sound for the band. I haven't listened to them for a long time. I can't imagine any other vocal style as being appropriate.

The goofball satan/anti christian sludge that they trot out (along with Immolation and others) has always kept them as a 'B' level band for me, for stupidity reasons. Its embarassing. Ah well. There are enough "A' bands out there like Crowpath and Gorod that it doesnt matter.

Dumbass lyrics aside though, this is sounding pretty f**king amazing, from what i've heard so far.
          Last edited by markb; 08-25-2006, 09:23 PM.

Comment

I understand 'bout the satan thing..as much of it is so cheese, big time..

it's such a metal cliche, without "satan" there would be no Slayer, Venom, and about a million other bands..No black metal at all..hehe

It's like dungeons , and dragons, the keeper of the keys, the hall of the mountain king, and puff the magic dragon..sung by dudes in loin clothe...with swords!!

How about my spin of European Anthemic Power metal..

John and I are doing a project called "Gayus Epicus"..

check out the chorus!!

We are merry men..
            we like to dance around..
            slapping our swording..
            fighting for the crown..

hey...hey...hey...

Nice huh???

Billus Maximus VI VI VI

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
              I understand 'bout the satan thing..as much of it is so cheese, big time..
              Yeah, but you never hear people complain about Stryper or any other band that sings about Jesus or God (most of that is cheese, too), but when someone sings about the opposite side of the spectrum like Satan, it's somehow "wrong". There's nothing wrong with Satan, he's just different... and Christians are hypocrites.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Satan's bad, ..he's bad ..M'kay..

Comment

M'kay, Mr. Mackey.

Comment

It's very obvious wy "Satan" is so cliche in metal..

Think abbout it, it's a natural thing to do..

Metal = Rebellion

Satan = Rebellion

Metal + Satan = Double Rebeliion

Peanut butter + Jelly = good

Peanut butter + Ketchup = crap

Evil works, ..Judas Preist, Black Sabbath and, Dio throwin' the horns while drivin' on route 666 just South of heaven on the highway to hell..

shall I continue..

Wow, Bill Z..that sure makes sense..

yes, it does..

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                        That put the Ka-bosh on that tomato..

Sex sells just as much as evil does..

well, sex is evil..according to Peter, Paul and Mary, Luke and John..and a few other drunk dudes that wrote the book on "evil"..

"To hell with the devil" muthafuggas..it even worked for Stryper..

"The devil" helped them sell quite a few records..ironic isn't it?..
                        I AM the devil on your shoulder..

Bill Z Bubbles

Comment

Satan loves metal..and ALL metal bands love him.

If a metal song does not openly praise his name. It celebrates what Satan encourgaes...the 7 deadly sins...which is naughty indudgence.

You see, I do not worship Satan. I am Satan. I'm my god, and take matters in my hands. I do as I wish without manufactured guilt or sin. I laugh at all handmade gods and their morals.

Live life to it's fullest without stress of a higher power that you have never seen, met nor heard.

When you remove the evil from metal..it will die. Evil is metal's life support..Evil is..
                          FUN!!!!

I love this stuff..it feels so natural for me, as it should.

If you don't believe me..next time you're alone..yell "Hail Satan" as loud as you can and see if you don't.. laugh.

Bill Z Bub

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                            Yeah, but you never hear people complain about Stryper or any other band that sings about Jesus or God (most of that is cheese, too), but when someone sings about the opposite side of the spectrum like Satan, it's somehow "wrong". There's nothing wrong with Satan, he's just different... and Christians are hypocrites.
                            Heh... you want some complaints about Stryper?? I'll give you some. How about: they're gay and they suck. An they wear black and yellow little coordinated outfits (self explanatory suckage). And they wrote "Calling on You", which is a crime against humanity. And they sing about god, which is a gauranteed way to keep anyone out of my CD player.

My main complaint with 'anti christian' bands is that its usually just done to be shocking in a calculating way to appeal to teens. ("parents are a drag man...schools a bummer man ... satans kewl man ... zzzzzz) and it helps give metal the cheeseball image that it has been stuck with over the years. Aside from the fact that we live in a secular society and no one cares anyway. Whats the point of rebelling against something thats already withered up and blown away as social influence.

Perhaps Satan is a worthy creature, and hell sounds more interesting than heaven, but metal bands ain`t doing him any favors.

You could also sing the praises of great master satan without ragging on christians. Leave them to their own I say.
                            Last edited by markb; 08-26-2006, 06:18 PM.

Comment

As someone who knows Rob from Immolation, I personally think thier lyrics especially on "close to a world below" are very intelligent, and having grown up in a catholic household, and in catholic area, the lyrics are very much close to home, and in reality, bands like Immolation are writing the music for themselves, they could give a fuck what you or I think, self purging I guess, not to sound like a fanboy, but IMHO there are a few bands that sing about this stuff and pull it off, which I think is the reason a band like immolation exist in the first place, a need for someone to purge themselves in a non violent way. Just my opinion, and of course you can have yours but to lump them in with a band like deicide which is PURLY for shock value as said and stated by Glen for many years is a little off once again IMHO, but who gives a fuck right....

To me death metal is as much about the lyrics and image as it is the Music, which is why I got into this stuff in the first place, I didn't rebel against my family or religion, I just chose not to believe the shit they were feeding my at a young age, and this stuff is closer to who I am than that crap, does that mean I believe in satan, no of course not, does that mean I hate christians, yes of course it does...ooops sorry no it means I have my own mind, I don't listen to these guys for truth just like I don't listen to christians for turth, I come up with my own reality!

anyhow, this stuff is boring just like all other Deicide, and it's funny how Jack owen leaves Cannibal Corpse, he said "It's just not in me aymore, it's too repetative and not my style" for something like Deicide which has been washed up for many many years! funny that, and cannibal corpse while very samish from cd to cd, is still more exciting to listen too!, anyhow I'll take Morbid Angel over these guys anyday!

LONG LIVE TREY!

Chris
                              Cursed Path

Comment

Oh yeah
                                Glen, stay in Vital Remains

MUCH better band, and they have a fat guy named David Suzuki! how cool is that!

is it me or is the new deicide just a mixture of boring deicide and vital remains, that solo in this video sounds EXACTLY like everything off the vital cd
                                LOL

Chris
                                Last edited by SpiralArchitect; 08-26-2006, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X