No announcement yet.

Deicide - The stench of redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This cd is great! I've been listening to it all week. Great guitar work and melodic leads, hmmm... even rythms - a bit Maiden-ish at times behind the leads, who would've thought that of Deicide. I agree this is a new Deicide and I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralArchitect
      As someone who knows Rob from Immolation, I personally think thier lyrics especially on "close to a world below" are very intelligent,
      I suppose I should clarify... I am a much much more a fan of Immolation than Deicide. More intelligent yes. I still question the need for the same message over & over again, and the cover and theme to Unholy Cult I thought was approaching schlock, although it was a cool image. Again to me the problem is mostly the idea of rebelling against something that isn't really there.

Immolation and Deicide are miles apart. It is too bad I phrased that the way I did, I gave the wrong idea about my own opinion of Immolation.

Comment

Been a Deicide fan from their first album... that new track is class! The first guitar solo is absolutely ripping too... the second one is alright...

Great video. I like zombie flicks though...

Saw Deicide in Dublin last year (year before maybe) and Glenn was putting on a Irish accent and talking about the roman catholic church and stuff, quite a funny guy!!!

Steve.

Comment

I guess what ruins this type of shit for me is the cheese factor.
          If bands want to sing about religion and how f'n sorry their poor pathetic lives have been since childbirth, I can deal with that, if it's done in an intelligent creative manner, the cheese factor is what kills it for me (and the puking into the mike vocals).
          I don't come from a religiously oppressed background, and my parents were fucking awesome to me and my brother and sister, so I just can't connect to a lot of this doom, gloom, and meloncholy that these bands try to sell.
          I just like rowdy technical rock and shred!!!!
          Hail Shred! Hail Shred!
          If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

kmanick] "I don't come from a religiously oppressed background, and my parents were fucking awesome to me and my brother and sister, so I just can't connect to a lot of this doom, gloom, and meloncholy that these bands try to sell.."

Of course. and your a awesome JCF brother and player..

My dad was in the Coffin Cheaters MC, The Sons of Satan MC, was "connected", often came home full of blood (sometimes his own) ..then I became a cop in a ghetto... :ROTF:

Violent, pissed off bands makes me smile because they're doing the screaming for me..it save's wear and tear on my voice...which is shot from yelling too much..
            Doom and Gloom is the soundtrack to my life..

I'd go nuts without pissed off metal..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

If it helps them with create they're music, who gives a fuck! If lyrics meant that much to me as does the music, I would listen/play to Motown!
              I love admins!

Comment

Motown pisses me off..

I did learn some of those bass lines tho..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                  ..then I became a cop in a ghetto... :ROTF:
                  Right there............... if I ever had to deal with the scum of the earth on a day to day basis, I would connect with this shit a lot easier. I won't disrespect it, just because I don't "get it", but I just can't connect with it.

Me too, I just don't need the real 'angry" shit all the time
                  If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick
                    Right there............... if I ever had to deal with the scum of the earth on a day to day basis, I would connect with this shit a lot easier. I won't disrespect it, just because I don't "get it", but I just can't connect with it.

Me too, I just don't need the real 'angry" shit all the time
                    It's so true Bro..

I'm both wise and nuts because of that shit..

I can relate to and write like bands such as Deicide..it's my therapy..my pleasure..

Comment

Working...
                    X