Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love it.

Comment

I have been a maiden fan since the very first album(God I am Old) and while I cant say the album is a true maiden classic it has its moments.Am I truley staisfied NO,Do I hate it NO.The only thing I hate is the fact that they refuse to tour america extensivly.Bruce made a comment that they dont think there are enough fans to warrent a US tour.WHAT,that comment seems so off base to me.I can name at least 100 people I know who love maiden and would love to see them live.The whole point is bands are never going to be what they used to be.I am just glad that they are all together and still making albums.

Comment

I think its awesome, much better than dance of death which i unlike alot of people love. I love the tone on this new record especially the lead riff on brighter than a thousand suns.

Comment

Actually this is definately the album of the year for me. To be topped off by seeing them in december.

Comment

I had my first opportunity to hear the new maiden disc and here it goes.

The Positive:
            They have returned to their piece of mind guitar sound, imo and thats definietly a good thing to me. To me, it sounds like you good throw the album right next to piece of mind. That being said, that whole guitar era sound I've always digged most. Bruce's voice is stellar, what more could be said about his voice, just really fits. Lead/solo, true to their form and execution, well done solos throughout.

The negative:
            Unfortunately, not all,(exception of 3-4 if I recall correctly) but most of the songs sounded the same.
            Also, some very long songs... a couple were 14 and 15 minutes and a 8 minute. Thats some long songs...too long for my taste.
            Last edited by Soap; 09-11-2006, 11:04 PM.
            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Soap
              I had my first opportunity to hear the new maiden disc and here it goes.

The Positive:
              They have returned to their piece of mind guitar sound, imo and thats definietly a good thing to me. To me, it sounds like you good throw the album right next to piece of mind.
              OK, I was initially not going to say anything, but then I saw that ^^^.

What are you talking about? The guitar tone on this new cd could not be further from the POM tone. POM was razor sharp distortion, this cd has muddy distortion that does not cut through at all.

Are you listening to POM on a portable cassette player?
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I think some songs the gain was a touch muddy but definitely not overly muddy, most were not muddy and to me were similar to the Beast/POM era.
                Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I really don't like this album.. boring songs.. don't like the tone.. I liked dance of death..
                  "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

after listening to it daily for a couple of times...

BNW is still the strongest album since the reunion
                    You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

My $0.02

I've never been a big maiden fan, not until I saw them at OzzFest 05. I just picked up the album today, and so far I like it, maybe after I hear the older albums I'll have a different perspective. But coming from someone who's never owned an IM album before, this is a good CD.

Later,

Steve
                      Guitars:
                      '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                      '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                      '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                      Amp:
                      VOX AD30VT

Comment

I love all the stuff up to the Somewhere In Time album, but nothing since then has really done anything for me.

Matt

Comment

I haven't heard the new one yet. My favorite from them has always been Piece of Mind. I think I still have all of their old ones up to 7th son on vinyl. Anyone ever play "Ed Hunter"?

Comment

Sounds like a mix of the last two Maiden records, just more of the same..I could live with that..still metal, and it's definitely "Maiden".

BD solo stuff w/ Roy Z is the shit tho..and classic Maiden is Killer...pun intended.
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
                              Anyone ever play "Ed Hunter"?
                              yep!!! i suck at video games and that one is easy for me!!!!
                              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                                BD solo stuff w/ Roy Z is the shit tho..and classic Maiden is Killer...pun intended.
                                yeah, if you want classic maiden, listen to BD's stuff with roy z.....especially "accident of birth" for those maiden harmonies and clear production!
                                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X