No announcement yet.

Jim Root Charvel - Slipknot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have heard orange amps do metal, and they are a good sounding amp, but i think stone sour has gone more to Rock anyway, at least that is what it sounds like on that slow song i heard.

You are thinking most of the members of slipknot are in there 30's maybe even older, i believe they are around my age which is 36. So they are probaly starting to mellow out a bit. I believe with them being older was one of the reasons they did the mask thing, because it is better to be young in this business, and people might have not gotten into them more if they saw them.

Originally posted by Big D
    On a semi-related note, I was at a party with a mutual friend of Jim's the other night and we got talking about Jim's gear. Jim is on tour with Stone Sour right now and is apparently playing Orange amps now.

I plugged into one today and they definitely do sound great - although they're more classic rock than metal that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14
      You are thinking most of the members of slipknot are in there 30's maybe even older, i believe they are around my age which is 36. So they are probaly starting to mellow out a bit. I believe with them being older was one of the reasons they did the mask thing, because it is better to be young in this business, and people might have not gotten into them more if they saw them.
      I'm not much of a Slipknot fan, but I'd never heard that rationale and that's kinda interesting. I didn't realize those dudes were in their mid to late 30s.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad
        I'm not much of a Slipknot fan, but I'd never heard that rationale and that's kinda interesting. I didn't realize those dudes were in their mid to late 30s.
        early 30's. one guy is mid 30's other than that they are in early 30's

Comment

Originally posted by dd3keegs
          Yeah, Someone on the PRS board has a PRS Standard made for Jim Root on the PRS Forum....Good taste in guitars. EMGs, 3way Switch...nice custom axe.
          yeah i got to play that guitar. the guy that installed the emg's for him does all my guitar work. it didn't come with factory emg's. a guy here in town named jeff jenks put them in. jim has a really cool green one the exact same. while I was watching jeff put in the emg's sid came buy and inside the pick-up cavity wrote "jim is a fag' . Jim was a little pissed.

Comment

I know that Sam Ash had the Jim Root Signature Charvel for sale. Of course it wasn't true, and they corrected the mistake. It makes you wonder where they got all the info, cuz the specs were pretty detailed.
            Just think of all the problems that could be solved using Occam's Razor.

Comment

Working...
            X