New Dream Theater Score DVD tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by petedz
    Just my opinion, but this release is the final nail in Dream Theater's coffin.

To give some background here, I've been a rabid fan since the '89 release of When Dream and Day Unite. I was at the show when the Pull Me Under video was shot. I have a GIANT promo poster from Awake framed on my office wall.

They've been slipping for years. Scenes From A Memory was a brief reprieve, but the trend is unmistakable. Octavarium was garbage. For the first time they forgot both how to write songs and how to keep it heavy. No question they can still play, but jeez.

Now to follow it up, they release a DVD of ALL of their weakest material with the exception of a couple of songs from I&W.

The really sad thing about it is that there's no other band like them to pick up the slack. Lots of contenders, but nothing great.
    so, let me guess, you like every Metallica album up until the black album?

Comment

Originally posted by axeman81
      so, let me guess, you like every Metallica album up until the black album?
      You got my number.

I'm not purely reactionary, though. There are plenty of bands that improve with change...
      This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Got the DVD 3 hours ago! Just got through watching the main show.

It was fucking AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! :Headbang
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

6 degrees is way cool also

Comment

I've got this too. The two songs from 85 and 89 and great (Another Won and Afterlife)... too bad they didn't stay on that path. The heavier DT songs are the best IMO. The musicianship in DT is absolutely amazing. There isn't a weak link in the chain... except for maybe Labrie. Too bad the guy from Symphony X isn't their singer.

I can't really listen to them in the car for example, but the DVD's are worth getting for sure. I've got Scenes from a Memory and the Budokan show as well and the are captivating. The new one is kinda lame IMO.

Comment

Working...
            X