Say it ain't so, Mustaine moves to Line 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by petedz
    I haven't cared about anything Dave has done since he kicked Friedman to the curb...
    That's the DAAAMN truth!!
    I love admins!

Comment

yeah he did. too bad, really. i am not an ESP hater by any means, but the DV8 just isn't as cool as the KV!!!
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

The effect "spill over" is nothing new. Even the fairly old Rocktron units could do that. However, I guess I could understand wanting to get all of his most-used sounds in one unit. For example, I like the sound of my Peavey and ADA preamps combined with Rocktron or Boss delays, but my ART preamp/processor sounds, for lack of a better word, "optimized" running the distortion and delay in the same box.
        sigpic

Comment

"This single amp has four of his favorite sounds, from clean to our insane high-gain sound, plus effects including delays that can spill over from patch to patch. "

Sounds like what is shaping up to be a glorified high dollar Spider IMHO.

Comment

It'll be the Megadeth amp with those Dave tones. Not that there's anyting wrong with that, after all Megadth is my favorite band but I would not pay for that amp. I would sure lov to jam on it though
            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by sl2lover
              That's the DAAAMN truth!!

+1 to the tenth power
              www.myspace.com/madeaband
              www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

(regarding Gigantour)
                "They should re-name it to be the "ESP guitar corporation corporate tour to promote ESP guitars by featuring acts who only use ESP guitars"

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

jugg jugg jugg jugg jugg jugg jan-na.....whaddya mean you dont like Line 6.....jug janna....whaddaya some kind of jerk....jugg jann-na

Line 6 Vetta rules
                  Last edited by quakana; 08-31-2006, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Pretty funny RX, but Overkill does not use ESP ... things could change byu the end of the tour though. It would be cool if there was an ESP booth so we could try some guitars and shred it up in the parking lot. A couple years ago Fender had a booth at Ozzfest and that was pretty cool, spent a good chunk of the day there.
                    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Opeth plays PRS...

As far as the amp, sounds interesting. I'll be interested to see what the finished product is.
                      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I go to alot of concerts, and i mean alot, anything from metal, to punk, to emo, to screamo to you name it, classic metal, new metal, old metal, speed metal, death metal, solid metal, shreaded metal, whatever metal is out there i usually go see LOL

But anyway to my point, i have seen alot of bands use vetta's, flextone II's and they sound just as good as any tube driven head, and trust me i am a tone snob.

But anyway, to where line 6 really excels is metal, probaly because the biggest complaint about modeling is the fact that little nusenses are not there, but in metal most people do not even have these little nusenses on tube amps, because well just way to much distortion.

look at dime, Randall backline and had awesome tone! Enough said.

Originally posted by ChickenScratch
                        Don't get me wrong, I love Line 6 but it's more of a tool for rehearsals and demoing. I would never seriously consider recording with one, live they are close enough though. Close enough to Marshalls that most people in the audience would not notice, that is if he's got some Marshalls at home he wants to protect.

And yes, we don't know anything about the amp yet. For all we know Line 6 could put something out that'll drive us all insane like the 5150 did.

Comment

Just saw this on Blabbermouth this morning and thought I should share the bad news. First Loomis starts playing Kranks now Mustaine starts playing Line 6! Now, I'm not saying Line 6 sucks, I have a POD and a Spider but it's hard for me to imagine Megadeth being played thru a modeling amp.

Anybody have any further info on this?

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=57475
                          Yep.. it is hard to imagine until you come over to my house and hear my totally tweaked Vetta. I have 2 5150's, a modded Mesa Hollywood Stiletto and a Marshall 1987x Plexi Reissue and the Vetta kills them all dead in every respect except for looks. Its not even close. Maybe Dave is looking for great sound instead of it just being average. Maybe Line 6 is paying him alot of money which is cool too. The Vetta is so good I can't imagine any pro not wanting to use one.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I love Line 6 but it's more of a tool for rehearsals and demoing. I would never seriously consider recording with one, live they are close enough though. Close enough to Marshalls that most people in the audience would not notice, that is if he's got some Marshalls at home he wants to protect.

And yes, we don't know anything about the amp yet. For all we know Line 6 could put something out that'll drive us all insane like the 5150 did.
                            You are talking from inexperience if you think a Line 6 Vetta is more of a tool for rehearsals and demos.
                            Your local. Come on over to Connecticut. I'll provide the beer and some eats. You can hear the Vetta a/b'd against a slew of fine high gain tube amps. You will be very surprised.
                            Sometimes I just can't stand all this Line 6 bashing. Most of you guys base your opinions from a store demo or that old Spyder or Flextone you used to have. I have all the amps set up in my basement. I can turn them as loud as I want. A properly tweaked Vetta will really blow you away.

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14
                              I go to alot of concerts, and i mean alot, anything from metal, to punk, to emo, to screamo to you name it, classic metal, new metal, old metal, speed metal, death metal, solid metal, shreaded metal, whatever metal is out there i usually go see LOL

But anyway to my point, i have seen alot of bands use vetta's, flextone II's and they sound just as good as any tube driven head, and trust me i am a tone snob.

But anyway, to where line 6 really excels is metal, probaly because the biggest complaint about modeling is the fact that little nusenses are not there, but in metal most people do not even have these little nusenses on tube amps, because well just way to much distortion.

look at dime, Randall backline and had awesome tone! Enough said.
                              Very good point Siggy as always. Thats why modelers have a harder time with vintage overdriven tones.
                              IMHO.. the Vetta does a great job for any type of metal and any type of clean. Its the inbetween vintage stuff like Plexi's or JTM's or Mesa Mark series amps that modelers seem to have the most trouble emulating.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
                                Very good point Siggy as always. Thats why modelers have a harder time with vintage overdriven tones.
                                IMHO.. the Vetta does a great job for any type of metal and any type of clean. Its the inbetween vintage stuff like Plexi's or JTM's or Mesa Mark series amps that modelers seem to have the most trouble emulating.
                                Not true. I work at a GC and the people ive heard play through a line 6 is staggering. And they've nailed every tone from hendrix to SRV to EVH to disturbed. and so on. These amps tweeked will literally do anything except flush your toilet and feed your cat. Im not by any means playi8ng these things up because i work for GC. Im one of the few honest and not easily swayed employees. Although im no longer on the sales floor i still hear custy's rippin the Line 6 stuff and gettin awesome tones. It's all in the knowledge you have of the ampo and what the controls actually do. I can get anything out of one of those things. Including crystal clean to all out insane over the top distortion with or with out fx. Also the Vox Valvetronix stuff is killer too. But line 6 hads been around loinger than the Valvetronix has so they have the popularity and the staying power. These are the guys form Alesis so they have an idea of what makes a market. don't discount the Modeling amps. They are killer. Just a side note tho. I have notice recently as my ear becomes acustomed to certain sounds that th eLIne 6 stuff does sound a bit processed when not tweeked properly. too much compression and the tone is gone. The stuff wil do the trick tho for any situation with the right guy tweekin the knobs and the microedit feature is crucail to gettin them to not sound as processed. And yes i do own line 6 stuff. Although it is only a guitar port its still the same software as the Vetta and it is killer.
                                Gil

Comment

Working...
                                X