Say it ain't so, Mustaine moves to Line 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK
    Not true. I work at a GC and the people ive heard play through a line 6 is staggering. And they've nailed every tone from hendrix to SRV to EVH to disturbed. and so on. These amps tweeked will literally do anything except flush your toilet and feed your cat. Im not by any means playi8ng these things up because i work for GC. Im one of the few honest and not easily swayed employees. Although im no longer on the sales floor i still hear custy's rippin the Line 6 stuff and gettin awesome tones. It's all in the knowledge you have of the ampo and what the controls actually do. I can get anything out of one of those things. Including crystal clean to all out insane over the top distortion with or with out fx. Also the Vox Valvetronix stuff is killer too. But line 6 hads been around loinger than the Valvetronix has so they have the popularity and the staying power. These are the guys form Alesis so they have an idea of what makes a market. don't discount the Modeling amps. They are killer. Just a side note tho. I have notice recently as my ear becomes acustomed to certain sounds that th eLIne 6 stuff does sound a bit processed when not tweeked properly. too much compression and the tone is gone. The stuff wil do the trick tho for any situation with the right guy tweekin the knobs and the microedit feature is crucail to gettin them to not sound as processed. And yes i do own line 6 stuff. Although it is only a guitar port its still the same software as the Vetta and it is killer.
    Gil
    I didn't say that they can't get those tones. What I am saying is that they have to be tweaked more to get them. You can dial up straight factory Vetta metal and clean patches that sound incredible. The vintage tones need to be tweaked.

Comment

True, but with lower gain stuff there are little nusenses that normaly a tube amp has that a modler doesnt, most musicians cant even tell it. But when it comes down to it i have found for lower gain stuff the clarity is also not always there. Yes it sounds good by itself, and could pass no problem, but when put up next to the real thing then all of a sudden you can tell the difference big time.

I have a bogner xtc and uber, when comparing them to the line 6 stuff they were close, but there wasnt the clarity on the xtc model that there was on the real XTC. Now if i didnt own the XTC, I would have loved the vetta version of it.

But when it comes to metal and full out blown distortion there is some clarity, but with so much compression it is not a noticible as it is with lower gain amp models. By the way i love the uber model on the vetta, however it has a little more top sizzle then the actuall bogner uber
      Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK
      Not true. I work at a GC and the people ive heard play through a line 6 is staggering. And they've nailed every tone from hendrix to SRV to EVH to disturbed. and so on. These amps tweeked will literally do anything except flush your toilet and feed your cat. Im not by any means playi8ng these things up because i work for GC. Im one of the few honest and not easily swayed employees. Although im no longer on the sales floor i still hear custy's rippin the Line 6 stuff and gettin awesome tones. It's all in the knowledge you have of the ampo and what the controls actually do. I can get anything out of one of those things. Including crystal clean to all out insane over the top distortion with or with out fx. Also the Vox Valvetronix stuff is killer too. But line 6 hads been around loinger than the Valvetronix has so they have the popularity and the staying power. These are the guys form Alesis so they have an idea of what makes a market. don't discount the Modeling amps. They are killer. Just a side note tho. I have notice recently as my ear becomes acustomed to certain sounds that th eLIne 6 stuff does sound a bit processed when not tweeked properly. too much compression and the tone is gone. The stuff wil do the trick tho for any situation with the right guy tweekin the knobs and the microedit feature is crucail to gettin them to not sound as processed. And yes i do own line 6 stuff. Although it is only a guitar port its still the same software as the Vetta and it is killer.
      Gil

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
        (regarding Gigantour)
        "They should re-name it to be the "ESP guitar corporation corporate tour to promote ESP guitars by featuring acts who only use ESP guitars"

Nailed it Ron!..
        Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
        http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

I'm still using my AX212 that I've had forever and I still dig it. But after hearing all of this about the Vetta, I do feel it might be time to step into this decade and look into getting one after my PC1 is paid off.

I do agree that, even on my AX212, that the "stock" tones are too processed. And when I dial back the comp and the noise gate, the amp does "breathe" better. Also the extra EQ offered in each preset is vital to nailing a great tone for each guitar. It's at the point now where I have banks set for each of my guitars, based on their individual EQ needs. So I am a die hard old school Line 6 fan.

In fact, for kicks we bought a couple of Spiders 112s to use in our church band. I like Line 6 but anything bigger is too loud for our service. I was using one of my AX212s there but the volume was ridiculous. So after sitting and dialing in some good tones, I'm ready to rock there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14
            True, but with lower gain stuff there are little nusenses
            nuisances? nuances?
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

So, anyone want a used Marshall for 20K then?

Comment

Does that mean that he's playing Line 6 for gigantour??

Comment

what's so special about Megadeth's tone anyway, I mean I love the band but haven't heard anything amazing from them tone wise.
                  Rust In Peace is one of the best metal albums ever made but the guitar tone is just plain horrible.
                  But it's probably just me...
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan
                    I'm still using my AX212 that I've had forever and I still dig it. But after hearing all of this about the Vetta, I do feel it might be time to step into this decade and look into getting one after my PC1 is paid off.

I do agree that, even on my AX212, that the "stock" tones are too processed. And when I dial back the comp and the noise gate, the amp does "breathe" better. Also the extra EQ offered in each preset is vital to nailing a great tone for each guitar. It's at the point now where I have banks set for each of my guitars, based on their individual EQ needs. So I am a die hard old school Line 6 fan.

In fact, for kicks we bought a couple of Spiders 112s to use in our church band. I like Line 6 but anything bigger is too loud for our service. I was using one of my AX212s there but the volume was ridiculous. So after sitting and dialing in some good tones, I'm ready to rock there as well.
                    Since you are a die hard Line 6 fan you really need to get a Vetta. They are light years better than the AX212.

Comment

JGCable. The way you are responding to my posts it would seem that something in what I said implicitly inferred that I hate Line 6. In fact I have Line 6 gear as I've mentioned. My shock was that Dave and Glen moved to Line 6.

We'll all have to wait and hear what it sounds like, but like any guitar player if it's cool I'll want it!
                      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Dave who?
                        "POOP"

Comment

As Jgcable has said, the current modelers take more tweaking, which means programming, which many players are not much into. I am basically computer illiterate myself and the learning curve would worry me. I want to play, not get lost in the maze!

It does sound like Dave's amp will be a glorified Spider, but is that necessarily bad? 4 channels that cover the basic tones you'll need, then your effects and your preset locations. For many players it would be better practically than deciding between numerous versions of clean, crunch, high-gain and very high gain sounds. Those of you who are aces at that love all the possibilities, I'm sure. Many of the rest of us probably need a dumbed down version and for Dave the advantages are two: he can figure it out, and he gets paid for a sig model. As long as they use some great models, it'll be a nice amp.

He might as well get the money while he can...
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat
                            As Jgcable has said, the current modelers take more tweaking, which means programming, which many players are not much into. I am basically computer illiterate myself and the learning curve would worry me. I want to play, not get lost in the maze!

It does sound like Dave's amp will be a glorified Spider, but is that necessarily bad? 4 channels that cover the basic tones you'll need, then your effects and your preset locations. For many players it would be better practically than deciding between numerous versions of clean, crunch, high-gain and very high gain sounds. Those of you who are aces at that love all the possibilities, I'm sure. Many of the rest of us probably need a dumbed down version and for Dave the advantages are two: he can figure it out, and he gets paid for a sig model. As long as they use some great models, it'll be a nice amp.

He might as well get the money while he can...
                            Amen brother.

Comment

Ya know it's funny to me that all you guys who talk shit about this one and that ones tone who have put out many many albums/discs or whatever you may call them...and have worldwide fans....yet none of you have 1 fraction of the success that the ones you talk shit about do.....get a grip...instead of typing all your lets hear something better from you
                              Last edited by quakana; 09-02-2006, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
                                Since you are a die hard Line 6 fan you really need to get a Vetta. They are light years better than the AX212.
                                I know, I know. I should have bought one ages ago but I kept putting it off. But I am going to buy a cab now and start putting money aside for a Vetta. Is there any difference between a Vetta and a Vetta 2? I say that because I really like the look of the first Vetta and I saw on the site that a Vetta can be upgraded to a Vetta II real easy. I just wanna make sure before I plunk down for one.

Comment

Working...
                                X