Say it ain't so, Mustaine moves to Line 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quakana
    Ya know it's funny to me that all you guys who talk shit about this one and that ones tone who have put out many many albums/discs or whatever you may call them...and have worldwide fans....yet none of you have 1 fraction of the success that the ones you talk shit about do.....get a grip...instead of typing all your lets hear something better from you
    no, internet forums are the right place where to be bitter and jelaous.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik
      Ain't that the truth..
      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

sounds to me like Dave simply wants an all in one prophesy/mono block poweramp, albeit slightly stripped down in the effects section.

I wouldnt call it a modeller, since the prophesy doesnt 'model' (i own one, and a Boss GT Pro and they're WORLDS apart)

chances are he approached rocktron first but they werent interested (they've just released the Prophesy 2), so he shopped around.
        My music:
        www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik
          And hey if we didn't do that here, we'd be doing this with our friends anyway. It's just that here everybody knows exactly what we're talking about. With your friends there's a good chance that many of them won't know or care about the subject.

So I agree why not?

But getting back to the topic, I don't see why a 4 channel amp wouldn't be enough for Dave? I mean with the music he plays there really isn't a need for a lot of different sounds. So why clutter up his amp with stuff he'll never need for his gig? I don't see the problem here.

Comment

But getting back to the topic, I don't see why a 4 channel amp wouldn't be enough for Dave? I mean with the music he plays there really isn't a need for a lot of different sounds. So why clutter up his amp with stuff he'll never need for his gig? I don't see the problem here.[/quote]

Mustaine may not need a lot of channels, but if the amp is gonna sell it should have some versatility because of people's different sound preferances and playing styles..
            Don't take it personal, it's just business
            "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86
              But getting back to the topic, I don't see why a 4 channel amp wouldn't be enough for Dave? I mean with the music he plays there really isn't a need for a lot of different sounds. So why clutter up his amp with stuff he'll never need for his gig? I don't see the problem here.
              Mustaine may not need a lot of channels, but if the amp is gonna sell it should have some versatility because of people's different sound preferances and playing styles..
              Don't take it personal, it's just business[/quote]

Good point. I wouldn't be surprised if the production model (if they make one) will have Dave's tones in one bank, then have more for people to tweak.

Best of both worlds.

Comment

A good 4-channel amp for Dave would be a JMP-1!! LOL!!

I like the Spider format, don't get me wrong. I loved my old one, but everyone else seemed to hate them at that time. The only problem with the Spider for me is that it doesn't have the models I want to use. It would be cool if they had one in a Randall-style format that allowed YOU to pick the models you wanted. Hmmm... Line 6?? Anyone listening out there?
                Last edited by chrisolson; 09-03-2006, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan
                  I know, I know. I should have bought one ages ago but I kept putting it off. But I am going to buy a cab now and start putting money aside for a Vetta. Is there any difference between a Vetta and a Vetta 2? I say that because I really like the look of the first Vetta and I saw on the site that a Vetta can be upgraded to a Vetta II real easy. I just wanna make sure before I plunk down for one.
                  The Vetta 2 has a variax ports and dgital outs for re-amping. I don't know anybody who uses either.
                  Just get a Vetta 1 and upgrade it free to version 2.5 and your all set.

Comment

what ? 4 channels are not enough ? kidding me ?

mate , most of the tube amps have 2/3 channels and that's enough. Engls have 2 main channels with a boost option (from what i understand that's their channel switching idea) and you say it isn't enough ?

and about that insane tweaking amount you have to make with a line 6 ? yes, very accurate , i still don't understand some aspects of my pod xt

I'm really thinking about trying out a vetta - too bad no shops round here carry them and trying a vetta in a shop would be a problem because of the abovementioned tweaking

Comment

Originally posted by quakana
                      Ya know it's funny to me that all you guys who talk shit about this one and that ones tone who have put out many many albums/discs or whatever you may call them...and have worldwide fans....yet none of you have 1 fraction of the success that the ones you talk shit about do.....get a grip...instead of typing all your lets hear something better from you

Need a hug?

Calm down dude. I don't think any of us has said anything really negative, in fact most of the posts in here (and all of mine) express a curiousity to hear it but as always with an artist changing gear it's of great interest to us. Don't think you are the only one here who likes Dave.
                      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Hey check out this patch, sounds just like a Marshall! Oh wait....
                        Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

"A good 4-channel amp for Dave would be a JMP-1!!"

Did he use that at one time??
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Not sure, Horns, but I wouldn't put it past him. He used a LOT of gear.

Comment

Well, I know he used EL 34 Marshall Monoblocs right after he sold all his VHT 2150s..

He used those for quite some time.
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Where's good ol' Vince S. when you need him!?!? Probably giving some guy a roundhouse kick to the head...:ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                                X