Say it ain't so, Mustaine moves to Line 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say it ain't so, Mustaine moves to Line 6

Just saw this on Blabbermouth this morning and thought I should share the bad news. First Loomis starts playing Kranks now Mustaine starts playing Line 6! Now, I'm not saying Line 6 sucks, I have a POD and a Spider but it's hard for me to imagine Megadeth being played thru a modeling amp.

Anybody have any further info on this?

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

That's a weird one, but if he thinks it improves his sound, I'm all for it!
    Peavey Wolfgang
    Gibson Les Paul
    Zakk Wylde Buzzsaw Les Paul
    Line 6 Spider 2 12"

Comment

I'm a big fan of Mustaine, and his style/playing! but I've never been a fan of his sound! He shoulda stayed with Jackson though!! I bet he still has a KV that he fiddles with behind the scenes!
      I love admins!

Comment

Originally posted by sl2lover
        I bet he still has a KV that he fiddles with behind the scenes!
        probably not. he seems VERY driven by his principles. i bet he wouldn't TOUCH a jackson ever again because of his "problem" with the buy out....

i could be wrong....

as far as a line 6 amp....YIKES!! they aren't terrible, i mean thom youngblood from kamelot makes it work live, so i am sure mustaine could too.....
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Meh - he hasn't recorded anything special in years, so I could care less about his backline. Shame, cos I love Megadeth up to Cryptic Writings....
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

He was already using the Rocktron Prophesy, which is a "modeling" preamp. Not that much of a jump in gear at all.

Comment

Originally posted by shred4Him
              He was already using the Rocktron Prophesy, which is a "modeling" preamp. Not that much of a jump in gear at all.
              It's a huge jump. It's completely different.

The Prophesy is DSP, but he was still using the Marshall poweramps. Going from that to a full modeling rig is a HUGE difference. Modern high-gain tube preamps don't differ performance-wise a whole lot from SS and modeling ones these days - it's in the power section where the big difference is made.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam
                It's a huge jump. It's completely different.

The Prophesy is DSP, but he was still using the Marshall poweramps. Going from that to a full modeling rig is a HUGE difference. Modern high-gain tube preamps don't differ performance-wise a whole lot from SS and modeling ones these days - it's in the power section where the big difference is made.
                Line 6 isn't far from DSP (DSP vs. "software driven"??), and I think alot of assumptions are being made here based on an amp nobody knows anything about yet... He may still be using Marshall poweramps for all we know - it doesn't say anything in particular. Just sayin'...

Comment

Why is it bad news when a lot of people on here own Line 6 amps?

Comment

And soon you'll be able to have one of Dave's, when he flogs his off for smack
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I haven't cared about anything Dave has done since he kicked Friedman to the curb...

...but Line6 kicks ass.
                      This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I love Line 6 but it's more of a tool for rehearsals and demoing. I would never seriously consider recording with one, live they are close enough though. Close enough to Marshalls that most people in the audience would not notice, that is if he's got some Marshalls at home he wants to protect.

And yes, we don't know anything about the amp yet. For all we know Line 6 could put something out that'll drive us all insane like the 5150 did.
                        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenScratch
                          And yes, we don't know anything about the amp yet. For all we know Line 6 could put something out that'll drive us all insane like the 5150 did.
                          little more info ::

Originally posted by artical
                          Dave Mustaine – Megadeth: We’re currently developing an amp with Megadeth guitarist and frontman Dave Mustaine. He was looking for a way to make a single amp that could do what his old previous amp-and-effects rig could do. This single amp has four of his favorite sounds, from clean to our insane high-gain sound, plus effects including delays that can spill over from patch to patch. This will all be built into a racked amp head that he can take on tour
                          http://www.musicianshotline.com/issu...pany_line6.asp
                          Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

that sounds pretty cool, actually!!!
                            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD
                              probably not. he seems VERY driven by his principles. i bet he wouldn't TOUCH a jackson ever again because of his "problem" with the buy out....

i could be wrong....
                              No your probably right!! He had some BAAD Kv's though!
                              I love admins!

Comment

Working...
                              X