Queensryche

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queensryche

My wife and I drove down to Myrtle Beach on Sunday to catch Queensryche at the House of Blues. It was an "evening with" so no opening band - that was a good thing in this case because Queensryche kicked ass. Geoff Tate brought it. He sounded even better than last year (which I thought was great too). The band was really tight. The guitars sounded great. They played both Mindcrime albums (I think in there entirety). And they topped the night off with a nice encore of several of their other classic tunes. All told they played for about 2.5 hrs or so. Very impressive show.

The House of Blues is not that big of a venue but it was PACKED. The crowd reaction sounded like an arena - the crowd was LOUD. There were a couple drunk a**holes near us that kept spilling drinks and bumping into us - so I farted. Oh, and after the last tune Scott Rockenfield tossed a couple sticks out and of course people went diving for them and came up throwing punches - Scott just shook his head in disbelief and walked out. What kind of moron throws down for a pair of drum sticks?
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Sounds like a geat time..

other than the standard, mandatory morons..

One reason why I don't do much shows anymore..Me and Morons don't get along too well..

they're at EVERY show..it's not worth the aggravation..

Nah, It's best I stay home, even my doctor agrees!!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I was wondering how that show was. A buddy of mine went to it but hasn't gotten back yet for me to get the details. I'm supposed to go see them in November and I can't wait. I saw them last year do Mindcrime one in it's entirety plus a greatest hits set.

Comment

[QUOTE=horns666]One reason why I don't do much shows anymore..Me and Morons don't get along too well..QUOTE]

AMEN!!! That's the ONLY reason I don't go to more shows. I'm finding that the further into my 30's I get, the more I hate people.

Comment

I have tickets to see them in November in New Orleans at the HoB and I can't wait! I've been a bug fan of theirs for years and I'm already geared up to see them.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson
            finding that the further into my 30's I get, the more I hate people.
            true for me too. As for Queensryche, I saw that show last year too. Think I'll pass this time,...

Comment

I'm seeing them tomorrow.

MR Hiwatt
              Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
              RR1 Black
              RR1 Blue ghost flames
              Stealth EX
              Hamer Studio
              Boss pedals,TC, HBE

Comment

They played St. Louis last night....... Wasn't in the budget!!

A~
                All hail the 'King'
                R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

i just got my ticket for the DC show in november, cant wait to see the orignal mindcrime in livecrime sound.

Comment

What gear are they running now live?

Comment

I saw them Sat night. Operation mindcrime 1 was great Operation Mindcrime 2 was ok I didn't know the songs very well but I will listen now. Wilton was using his new Hughes and Kettner amp. It sounded awsome It looked like he had a midi board to control no stomp boxes. The new amp is midi controlled with built in effects. Stone was about 8 ft from us he was using stomp boxes and a channel switcher for a B-52 amp. I think its a Guitar Center brand copying a tripple rectifier. IT sounded Ok His guitar is lower in the mix. Wilton played his ESP skulls model and ESP les Paul. Stone played the ltd George Lynch V and The Dave Mustang V and A LTD Bc Rich style guitar. Geoff Tate's vocals were great as was the stage show. They played some greatest hit for an encore. The show was sold out. I had a great time and recommend seeing them.

Mr HIwatt
                      Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
                      RR1 Black
                      RR1 Blue ghost flames
                      Stealth EX
                      Hamer Studio
                      Boss pedals,TC, HBE

Comment

I knew wilton switched to the hughes and kettner, nice amp, i posted it back in the amp section 2 or 3 months ago. I still havent heard one in person, but for the price it looks damn good.

Originally posted by mrhiwatt
                        I saw them Sat night. Operation mindcrime 1 was great Operation Mindcrime 2 was ok I didn't know the songs very well but I will listen now. Wilton was using his new Hughes and Kettner amp. It sounded awsome It looked like he had a midi board to control no stomp boxes. The new amp is midi controlled with built in effects. Stone was about 8 ft from us he was using stomp boxes and a channel switcher for a B-52 amp. I think its a Guitar Center brand copying a tripple rectifier. IT sounded Ok His guitar is lower in the mix. Wilton played his ESP skulls model and ESP les Paul. Stone played the ltd George Lynch V and The Dave Mustang V and A LTD Bc Rich style guitar. Geoff Tate's vocals were great as was the stage show. They played some greatest hit for an encore. The show was sold out. I had a great time and recommend seeing them.

Mr HIwatt

Comment

Which moron got the sticks?
                          Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                          http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by mrhiwatt
                            Stone played the ltd George Lynch V
                            have you stopped laughing yet? :ROTF:

(I love GL, but that POS that LTD put his name on is beyond stoopid).
                            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                            X