new blind guardian CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new blind guardian CD

bought it tonight. pretty cool so far....same as usual. TONS of vocals, tons of lead guitars....the new drummer sounds EXACTLY like the old drummer. these guys are really studio savvy......everything is so clear!!!!

the guitars sound like they were recorded through a rockman sustainer. prolly weren't but that is what they make me think of!!!

i can't wait to see them in december at the HOB in orlando. hopefully they have gotten better. saw them at progpower 3 and was severly let down....especially compared to edguy and gamma ray....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

I thought the tone sounded really weak and I didn't care for the song writing at all either. Really boring.

Gonna see them live when they come through here.

Comment

ha funny you should pst about them i just finished downloading a crapload of songs by them. the only cd i have by them is night at the opera and i absolutely love every song on it. btw what language is mies del dolor in? i recognize some spanish but spanish and italian are very closely related and tied in so...?

Comment

Well i think there are some good songs and also some bad songs.
        I still mostly reach for the old albums like Battalions of Fear and Tales from the Twilight World when i want to listen to Blind Guardian and the new one didn't change that.
        But i think it's a step in the right direction. Although you probably never get any simple songs from Guardian i still think the new ones aren't so complicated and overloaded like for example with Nightfall.
        Oh yeah the guitar sound really is weak.

Flo
        http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

i LOVE it.

cant wait to see em in october! \m/
          You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

BG kicks ass..!!!

I must share to you these bands..Persuader/Savage Circus /Dark Empire..I believe it's the same singer in all three..really nails the BG vibe!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah, Savage Circus has been in my car's tape deck for two months or so now, wicked driving music, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernal Death
                Well i think there are some good songs and also some bad songs.
                I still mostly reach for the old albums like Battalions of Fear and Tales from the Twilight World when i want to listen to Blind Guardian and the new one didn't change that.
                But i think it's a step in the right direction. Although you probably never get any simple songs from Guardian i still think the new ones aren't so complicated and overloaded like for example with Nightfall.
                Oh yeah the guitar sound really is weak.

Flo
                i love the song nightfall though its the one that got me into BG in the first place.

Comment

im still to be convinced to buy one of there cd's whats a good starting point?

Comment

well my first was night at the opera. i havent gotten any others yet but i like pretty much every song on the album. very catchy choruses imo.

Comment

Working...
                    X