No announcement yet.

Savatage Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On EOT, he was using that Rockman set-up with the 2 distortion pedals, into any head that was available.. at one piouint he was using Laneys, sometimes Marshalls...

Comment

Originally posted by Wayniac
      On EOT, he was using that Rockman set-up with the 2 distortion pedals, into any head that was available.. at one piouint he was using Laneys, sometimes Marshalls...
      I have that tour on vid, he's using Marshall 2210s live. When he died he left that rig to Chris Caffery, Chris and I spoke about it..I had the same rig at the time..which I traded for the new Marshal rack system including the JMP-1..

anyone who ever doubts the cabailities of a JMP-1 in action..I have "clips"..that would kick your ass!!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by mab8485
        *ahem*

hall of the mountain king http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3c2_dHtznE

thats my favorite Savatage song
        Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

I play through a Voodoo Modded JMP-1 and can get his tone. I will post my settings and will try the other one posted above. I use the JMP-1 in the loop of a GT-8. For effects I use a very light chorous and 300 mill sec analog echo thru a Marshall el 34 50/50 power amp into a 1960a cab in stereo. I just love his tone and playing style. To bad he died. Here is a link to a site about his equipment thru the years www.geocities.com/savarequiem/gear.htm

MR Hiwatt
          Last edited by mrhiwatt; 09-11-2006, 04:16 PM.
          Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
          RR1 Black
          RR1 Blue ghost flames
          Stealth EX
          Hamer Studio
          Boss pedals,TC, HBE

Comment

Cleveland John does Criss Oliva better than my ol' buddy Tony did Van Halen in my VH tribute..

I'll grab the tribute clip..some of you newbies haven't heard it yet!!

I must establish my very , well worn JCF credibility to you new guys....

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
              Cleveland John does Criss Oliva better than my ol' buddy Tony did Van Halen in my VH tribute..

I'll grab the tribute clip..some of you newbies haven't heard it yet!!

I must establish my very , well worn JCF credibility to you new guys....
              Bill, Do you have a clip of Cleveland John playing Criss??

A~
              All hail the 'King'
              R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Originally posted by STLKINGV
                Bill, Do you have a clip of Cleveland John playing Criss??

A~
                I think John has an older live tape..I don't think he's very happy with his singer/ band's performance on it tho..

He should have taped the show he did a couple weeks ago..it was KILLER!!!!

They did a 45 minute set of all Savatage, it was the best I ever heard him!!

all classic stuff too..set list was..City beneath the surface, Sirens, Thorzine Shuffle, Hall of the Mountain King, Power of the Night, Strange Wings, Legions, Agony and Ecstacy, Hounds and more!!

They KILLED the Judas Priest tribute they opened for..and their singer did a pretty good Halford.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666

I have that tour on vid, he's using Marshall 2210s live. When he died he left that rig to Chris Caffery, Chris and I spoke about it..I had the same rig at the time..which I traded for the new Marshal rack system including the JMP-1..

anyone who ever doubts the cabailities of a JMP-1 in action..I have "clips"..that would kick your ass!!!
                  Chris has the Laney cabs and head, and a couple of the Marshalls.. Dan Campbell (Criss' old tech) has the actual rockman set-up...
                  Chris also has Criss' old pedals - including a Chorus that is in his current rig (at least he did last year)

Comment

Originally posted by Wayniac
                    Chris has the Laney cabs and head, and a couple of the Marshalls.. Dan Campbell (Criss' old tech) has the actual rockman set-up...
                    Chris also has Criss' old pedals - including a Chorus that is in his current rig (at least he did last year)
                    Cool, I think I heard that before, I do remember him always using Laneys until EOT..

Here's a BONE STOCK JMP-1 doing classic Van Halen..

Recorded live in one take in a basement studio in early '96..enjoy!

http://clevelandmetalzone.com/mp3/doctor.mp3

http://clevelandmetalzone.com/mp3/dance.mp3

http://clevelandmetalzone.com/mp3/i'mtheone.mp3

Bill Z Bub's ol' VH tribute..

BTW, remember when VH used to sound this good!

Comment

Here are my Jmp-1 settings
                      Vol 17
                      gain 16
                      bass 3
                      mid -1
                      treb 5
                      pres 4
                      output 1 oclock
                      Marshall El34 50/50
                      volume 75%
                      presence 50%
                      B voicing
                      GT-8 controls output volumes
                      Gt-8 light chourus
                      300 mil sec analog delay

Mr Hiwatt
                      Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
                      RR1 Black
                      RR1 Blue ghost flames
                      Stealth EX
                      Hamer Studio
                      Boss pedals,TC, HBE

Comment

Originally posted by mrhiwatt
                        Here are my Jmp-1 settings
                        Vol 17
                        gain 16
                        bass 3
                        mid -1
                        treb 5
                        pres 4
                        output 1 oclock
                        Marshall El34 50/50
                        volume 75%
                        presence 50%
                        B voicing
                        GT-8 controls output volumes
                        Gt-8 light chourus
                        300 mil sec analog delay

Mr Hiwatt
                        Mink ya I can't even get close to Criss's tone with those settings..I won't even try..no thanks..

Not unless I want to sound like a bad Motely Crue .ummm sorry man not even close!!..

Did you even check out the above VH JMP-1 settings..??

At least listen to them for "credibilty" sake..WTF??

That was tweaked for VH..I think I know what I'm talking about..

Savatage is just a few minor adjustments form that!!

at leat try this one..yeesh..

http://clevelandmetalzone.com/mp3/dance.mp3
                        Last edited by horns666; 09-13-2006, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Horns666

I did listen to your clips and they are better than Eddie in tone and playing at this point of time. Please post the settings you used for them. They are not in that post. Also my JMP-1 is modded so my settings may not work on an unmoddded one. I wish I had the ability to record the tone. I don't have any recording equipment plus my chops are nowhere as good as yours. Please post any savatage clips of you or your buddies .
                          Thanks

Mr Hiwatt
                          Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
                          RR1 Black
                          RR1 Blue ghost flames
                          Stealth EX
                          Hamer Studio
                          Boss pedals,TC, HBE

Comment

Ok Mr Hiwatt..

The VH seeting I use with the JMPO-1 are

Is OD2 with bass shift off..

Volume 18/Gain 14-15/Bass+6/Mid-2/Treble+6/Presence+6

The gains are all the way up on my monobloc with both presence all the way down on the monobloc..

The input level on the JMP-1 is set to wher it just blinks into the red and I use the output on my JFX-1 as my master volume..I use that for delays only..and some stereo chorusing..I don't mees with phasers or flangers..they get on my nerves after ten minutes.

I also have a BBE 422 in the loop between the 9200 and JMP-1 and that gives it a kick in the ass.

Comment

Working...
                            X