No announcement yet.

Def Lep and Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the confusion I did mean to type Steve Augeri's stand in JSS.

Mr Hiwatt
    Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
    RR1 Black
    RR1 Blue ghost flames
    Stealth EX
    Hamer Studio
    Boss pedals,TC, HBE

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe
      He wrote "stand in"...he didn't say it was Steve.
      Missed that...

Comment

I saw Journey last year and they kicked ass. Just as long as they don't have John Waite sing

Comment

To anyone who saw this show. Was there an opener?
          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn
            Yes... Stoll Vaughan
            Didn't get there in time to see the opener though.
            -Rick

Comment

When I saw them Journey was on first then Def Leppard. Both played full 90+ minute sets. No opener

Mr Hiwatt
              Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
              RR1 Black
              RR1 Blue ghost flames
              Stealth EX
              Hamer Studio
              Boss pedals,TC, HBE

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn

My cousin opened for them in Columbus

41 views and no replies...
                THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

The reason I asked, me and three buddies are flying up to AC and seeing them at the Borgata next Friday. Our plane gets in at 5:30, and the event says 8:00. Cutting it a LITTLE close, but we should be ok.

Then seeing Santana Saturday nite! Pretty good weekend eh? And its in a tiny 2500 seat event center.

Shawn
                  Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E.
                    As for Schon, I realize he's good, but I never liked him. Always thought his solo tone/effects was way to muddy, never could really hear what he's playing that clearly.
                    Wow, I'm totally the opposite. I love the melodic clarity of his playing. His solo album was kickass as well. He's my favorite as far as sustain, effects and cool soloing.
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Saw them last night in Saratoga Springs, NY. Great show - highly recommended! DefLep was very good, but Journey was flat-out smoking.

Journey's new lead singer was really good, and great at pumping the crowd. The dude has a very good stage presence. And they had Dean Castronovo sing a couple of the more ballady-type songs. I really love Schon's guitar work, too. The dude shreds, and is just so damn melodic, too. IMHO, he's written some of the most memorable & melodic (read: hum along) guitar solos in history. Overall, the band's sound, vocals and chops were just top notch. Journey kicks @ss live.

DefLep was very good, but their live sound was too muddy. At times, it was hard to hear the band's respective parts. Sometimes not enough Viv in the mix, sometimes Phil, often times way too much bass. Hard to say what the issue there was. The vocal harmonies weren't quite there, either. And Joe really can't hit the high stuff anymore - his voice has changed over the years. Don't get me wrong - they put on a really good, rocking show. But it wasn't nearly as tight as Journey. Also, I really get the sense that Viv just doesn't enjoy doing the Lep gig. It almost seems like he's just going through the motions for a paycheck. Phil, Joe & Rick, on the other hand, seemed to be having a blast up there.

If they come to your area, check it out! Great show.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon
                        Also, I really get the sense that Viv just doesn't enjoy doing the Lep gig. It almost seems like he's just going through the motions for a paycheck.
                        Man, I hope that's not the case. I'd hate to see him leave. I saw them last summer, and it seems that he's having a good go of it. I don't know. Could have just been the night.

With that said, has anyone heard Viv's solo album? VERY cool if you're a blues guy. I really like it, although it's not really my bag, and if I wasn't a fan of Viv's, I doubt I would have bought it. Same story with George Lynch's "Furious George". Neat, but I'm not a big blues fan. I think to appreciate it, you almost have to be there to hear it & see it LIVE.

Comment

Working...
                        X