Mick Mars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Endrik
    the tightest rock guitar player ever, he makes no mistakes when he is playing rhythm, he fits very well with Mötley's powerfull rhythm section.
    Also he is a great songwriter and can come up with amazing riffs. I dig his bluesy ideas and his slide playing too.
    As far as lead playing is concerned it's a hit or miss. Sometimes he is sloppy as hell, sometimes he amazes you. Probably because of his illness. One thing that suprised me is that how he developed his vibrato in a last few years, it was pretty much non-existent before but as you can see he is doing some slow and wide vibratos on Carnival Of Sins. I think the new Mötley album will be badass.

btw. Mick has one of the best guitar tones too.
    That's what I'd say!
    He is one of my favorite players of all time. He has the best riffs ever.

J.

Comment

I think Mick is like Kerry King of Slayer. Not the greatest, but sure can set a mood very well with a riff. They both have unique styles that are pretty easily identifiable.

If I could write a riff half as good as Mick or Kerry's lamest riffs, then i would be very pleased with myself.

Comment

I saw them a couple times in the 80's. His lead playing basically sucked each time frankly, nothing more than passable. But no surprises, I expected nothing more. But the band was about attitude, and he had it. Thats what mattered. Always had a good tone, of course.

Comment

Mick and the Crue rocks
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

donny!!!

Comment

the guy is an outstanding blues guitarist but non one ever gets to hear it.I heard some live recordings of a blues band he was in before.he has alwayd said he sold his soal for the fortune and wishes he ccould have stayed with his blues roots and really hated playing metal all those years.

Comment

Just saw him last night and he sounded great. His tone was awesome despite the fact that MC was way too loud (Am I too old?) and much of it got lost in the mud. Still using that same floyded strat.

Comment

He said in an interview if he was to put out a solo album anytime it would be some bluesy/santana-like stuff. Nothing like something the average Crue fan would expect I'm sure
                  "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

To me, Mick has always been one to never really blow your doors off, but then again I can't really think of anything he did that sucks. A very well rounded guitar player.

Matt

Comment

I think Mick is a great player. His has laid down some awesome riff thru the years. Mick and CC are a lot alike. Alot of people 'dis' them but wish they some of the riffs they have laid on tape.

I also read that Mick was a relentless worker. He would get a song idea or riff from Nikki and spend all night working something up for the next session with the band.

Comment

I agree. A lot of those guys dont get the respect they deserve. CC, Mick, Sambora, Michael Sweet and OZ FOX, and the guys from Warrant. They may not have been the Greatest, but they wrote some good shit
                        Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Mick seems like a good dude. He gets a good sound. He wrote some great riffs.

He didn't play too many memorable leads - I'm trying to think of one and the only thing that I can remember is the licks he did in Home Sweet Home - predictable but still decent (even though the song blows). And I don't ever need to listen to that nutty solo thing he does live with the lap steels - that was awful .
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I heard he's a very laid back guy who never got into the trappings of rock stardom-he write killer licks and songs with the crue!!
                            Plus he used to play charvels!!!!
                            Last edited by charveljunkie; 09-24-2006, 09:03 PM.

Comment

He seems like a really humble, nice fella. I enjoyed the interview GW did with him in the last year or so. Also, anytime I've seen him on VH-1 he's been the same way. Strange looking, but seems to be a laid back, level headed, cool guy.

Comment

Solid rhythm player, serviceable soloist, great tone (post Shout...which was cool in its raw "terribleness"), no stage presence going back to the Shout tour (although its probably hard when wearing 8" heels...but Kiss did it).

Comment

Working...
                                X